David Gross

Default Home cinema vs. pc speaker package

Can anyone give me some...ahem..."sound" advice on whether I should be
getting for instance a Sony home cinema set for TV,DVD etc or a
speaker set especially for pcs like Logitech or Creative 5.1 systems?

cheers

Dave
Tim Padrick

Get one of these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
Two friends have them, they sound quite good. Includes a processor.

"David Gross" wrote in message
om...
Can anyone give me some...ahem..."sound" advice on whether I should be
getting for instance a Sony home cinema set for TV,DVD etc or a
speaker set especially for pcs like Logitech or Creative 5.1 systems?

cheers

Dave

Phil Nelson

Tim Padrick wrote:
Get one of these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
Two friends have them, they sound quite good. Includes a processor.

"David Gross" wrote in message
om...

Can anyone give me some...ahem..."sound" advice on whether I should be
getting for instance a Sony home cinema set for TV,DVD etc or a
speaker set especially for pcs like Logitech or Creative 5.1 systems?

cheers

Dave

I don't know if you want to buy these on eBay. I think you won't really
get the full experience unless you buy them out of the back of a white
van.

--
Phil Nelson
David Gross

Phil Nelson wrote in message ...
Tim Padrick wrote:
Get one of these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
Two friends have them, they sound quite good. Includes a processor.

"David Gross" wrote in message
om...

Can anyone give me some...ahem..."sound" advice on whether I should be
getting for instance a Sony home cinema set for TV,DVD etc or a
speaker set especially for pcs like Logitech or Creative 5.1 systems?

cheers

Dave

I intend on using it for a little home cinema in my room, but also for
listeing to music and playing games.

I don't know if you want to buy these on eBay. I think you won't really
get the full experience unless you buy them out of the back of a white
van.

Tim Padrick

The speakers and the source are legit, they are just being blown out owing
to poor sales. They run circles around the well known micro sat/sub
systems. I have the 2 channel version (which was deemed sufficiently good
to make the cover of Stereophile - not that I think much of Stereophile) on
my PC - very nice for listening while surfing.

Tim Padrick wrote:
Get one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
Two friends have them, they sound quite good. Includes a processor.

"David Gross" wrote in message
om...

Can anyone give me some...ahem..."sound" advice on whether I should be
getting for instance a Sony home cinema set for TV,DVD etc or a
speaker set especially for pcs like Logitech or Creative 5.1 systems?

cheers

Dave

I intend on using it for a little home cinema in my room, but also for
listeing to music and playing games.

I don't know if you want to buy these on eBay. I think you won't really
get the full experience unless you buy them out of the back of a white
van.

Phil Nelson

I know, sorry. The name just sounds like those white van speakers. I
checked after I posted, instead of before, like I should have. Hey,
I did cancel the message (for all the good that did).

Again, sorry for the misinfo, and sorry for the top-posting ;-).

Phil Nelson

Tim Padrick wrote:

Get one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Two friends have them, they sound quite good. Includes a processor.

"David Gross" wrote in message
le.com...

Can anyone give me some...ahem..."sound" advice on whether I should be
getting for instance a Sony home cinema set for TV,DVD etc or a
speaker set especially for pcs like Logitech or Creative 5.1 systems?

cheers

Dave

I intend on using it for a little home cinema in my room, but also for
listeing to music and playing games.

I don't know if you want to buy these on eBay. I think you won't really
get the full experience unless you buy them out of the back of a white
van.

--
Phil Nelson
David Gross

Tim Padrick wrote:

Get one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Two friends have them, they sound quite good. Includes a processor.

"David Gross" wrote in message
le.com...

Can anyone give me some...ahem..."sound" advice on whether I should be
getting for instance a Sony home cinema set for TV,DVD etc or a
speaker set especially for pcs like Logitech or Creative 5.1 systems?

cheers

Dave

I intend on using it for a little home cinema in my room, but also for
listeing to music and playing games.

I don't know if you want to buy these on eBay. I think you won't really
get the full experience unless you buy them out of the back of a white
van.

Mkay, now I'm confused, I have no idea of what is going, on what what
you are going on about, I just wanna know which deliver a better
all-round performance, pc surround sound speakers, or hifi/home cinema
surround sound speakers?

cheers

Dave
Doug Schultz

THere is a set of speakers called Monsoon that are small Electrostats with a
sub that are amazingly good.
Perfect for small theater that is PC driven. Gaming is great on them too as
the imaging is exceptional.
THese are Computer Speakers and come in a variety of configurations.
Google search for Monsoon Speakers turns up lots of reviews.

Doug

Tim Padrick wrote:
Get one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
Two friends have them, they sound quite good. Includes a processor.

"David Gross" wrote in message
om...

Can anyone give me some...ahem..."sound" advice on whether I should be
getting for instance a Sony home cinema set for TV,DVD etc or a
speaker set especially for pcs like Logitech or Creative 5.1 systems?

cheers

Dave

I intend on using it for a little home cinema in my room, but also for
listeing to music and playing games.

I don't know if you want to buy these on eBay. I think you won't really
get the full experience unless you buy them out of the back of a white
van.

Phil Nelson

David Gross wrote:
Phil Nelson wrote in message ...

I know, sorry. The name just sounds like those white van speakers. I
checked after I posted, instead of before, like I should have. Hey,
I did cancel the message (for all the good that did).

Again, sorry for the misinfo, and sorry for the top-posting ;-).

Mkay, now I'm confused, I have no idea of what is going, on what what
you are going on about, I just wanna know which deliver a better
all-round performance, pc surround sound speakers, or hifi/home cinema
surround sound speakers?

They are pretty much the same thing, aren't they? For example:

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...y=mul_speakers

--
Phil Nelson

David Gross

Tim Padrick wrote:
Get one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
Two friends have them, they sound quite good. Includes a processor.

"David Gross" wrote in message
om...

Can anyone give me some...ahem..."sound" advice on whether I should be
getting for instance a Sony home cinema set for TV,DVD etc or a
speaker set especially for pcs like Logitech or Creative 5.1 systems?

cheers

Dave

I intend on using it for a little home cinema in my room, but also for
listeing to music and playing games.

I don't know if you want to buy these on eBay. I think you won't really
get the full experience unless you buy them out of the back of a white
van.

Do they come in surround sound??
Kalman Rubinson

"Doug Schultz" wrote in message news:%66Tc.99465$gE.17216@pd7tw3no...
THere is a set of speakers called Monsoon that are small Electrostats with a
sub that are amazingly good.
Perfect for small theater that is PC driven. Gaming is great on them too as
the imaging is exceptional.
THese are Computer Speakers and come in a variety of configurations.
Google search for Monsoon Speakers turns up lots of reviews.

Yes. Unfortunately, I believe, they are out of business. Any new ones
available?

Kal
Doug Schultz

"Kalman Rubinson" wrote in message
"Doug Schultz" wrote in message

THere is a set of speakers called Monsoon that are small Electrostats

with a
sub that are amazingly good.
Perfect for small theater that is PC driven. Gaming is great on them

too as
the imaging is exceptional.
THese are Computer Speakers and come in a variety of configurations.
Google search for Monsoon Speakers turns up lots of reviews.

Yes. Unfortunately, I believe, they are out of business. Any new ones
available?

Kal

http://www.hardwarecentral.com/hardw...reviews/924/1/
those are the 700's and the sub is reported to be weak.

http://www.computerhq.com/products/p...d-Monsoon.html
there are all of them but they are no available it seems.

Maybe they are out of business.

Doug

Wayne S. Mery

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:59:01 GMT Doug Schultz wrote:

[...]

The corporate history is a bit more complicated than that.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...95ca90&rnum=17

But yes, the PC speakers are unfortunately no longer in production. I
think the model mumbers are MH-500, MH-505, 700 and 1000. (OEM auto
speakers are still in production)

After considerable research I bought an MH-505 (5.1) early this year
on ebay for about $70 (original retail $199), where new units are
readily available. I am very satisfied.

Too bad great technology and price point don't always prevail in the
retail business.

Wayne

Additional Speakers - STR460Z - Home Cinema Receiver Simon Tech 0 April 28th 04 09:39 PM
Weird speaker cabling question Ben Hanson Pro Audio 9 April 10th 04 02:28 PM
home cinema taylan Audio Opinions 2 March 11th 04 02:40 PM
Newbie home cinema question G General 6 January 18th 04 06:26 PM
Speaker cables Nousaine Pro Audio 1 July 25th 03 11:46 AM