MPEG Bandit

Default Volume control for detachable boombox speakers

Hope someone can help me with this problem. I volunteer at our
local haunted house, and last year I expanded our sound effects and
music by recording seperate right and left channels on the CDs for our
boomboxes. Everything worked fine except for the volume adjustments
needed in each room. Since one boombox serviced 2 rooms, it became
very difficult to get the perfect volume level we were wanting. We
have 12 durabrand boomboxes located in a central location and speaker
wires running throughout the house connected to the original speakers
from each box.

Is there a cheap (this is a volunteer haunted house... meaning
limited funds!) way to add a volume control in line at each speaker so
that we can crank up the volume on the boomboxes and adjust the volume
in the rooms where we have the speakers.

Any help will be greatly appreciated by myself and our visitors.

Thanks
Richard Kuschel

[...]

Radio Shack sells L-Pads for just such purposes.

Richard H. Kuschel
MPEG Bandit

I know you can get the wall mount volume controls at RS for about $17
each for the mono version, but we don't need anything that pretty or
fancy, and 24 of them would run into quite a bit of money. I was
hoping to find something a bit cheaper... like maybe just the "guts"
of the fancy RS controls. I found a bare 100 watt 8 ohm l-pad for
$5.75 at www.madisound.com Do you have any idea if this is what I
need or if I'd need to add other components to the bare control to
make it work properly?

Volume Control ... Harry Muscle Tech 81 June 22nd 04 07:48 PM
L-Pad as Volume Control - HELP! Charles Lemon Tech 3 June 4th 04 11:41 PM
(cheap) passive volume control? Bag O'Doughnuts Pro Audio 11 April 5th 04 05:34 PM
volume control & system possessed...very weird! Richard Crowley Tech 6 October 6th 03 02:39 AM
What is a Distressor ? Rick Knepper Pro Audio 5 July 22nd 03 05:58 PM