Default QSC amps

As I said before, viewpoints are for people who don't know what the facts
are. Anyone who doesn't appreciate the quality of QSC amps is an ass, plain
and simple. This is fact, not opinion. As for the high priced spread, maybe
it's time for somebody like McCarthy to issue a general RIPOFF ALERT, as
well as a warning about the people of bad character who keep pushing the
stuff.

Trevor Wilson

wrote in message
As I said before, viewpoints are for people who don't know what the facts
are. Anyone who doesn't appreciate the quality of QSC amps is an ass,
plain
and simple. This is fact, not opinion. As for the high priced spread,
maybe
it's time for somebody like McCarthy to issue a general RIPOFF ALERT, as
well as a warning about the people of bad character who keep pushing the
stuff.

**Points:

* McCarthy was a US Senator who did enormous damage to US society. Of
course, the gutless wimps who capitulated to him weren't much better.
* McCarty is food server and has no credibility.
* QSC amps and every other amp I've listened to, which uses 'rail shifting'
sound like crap.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

I would appreciate it if you would not respond to the forger, or at
least address him as such.

Now for the $64,000.00 question: Have you done any blind comparisons
of the QSC amps, or any other rail shifting amps?

IIRC the QSC amp that Arny recomends is one they no longer manufacture,
from the USA line. It has no fan. Perhaps Mr. Krueger would be kind
enough to inform us on it's use of rail shifting.

Robert Morein

wrote in message
As I said before, viewpoints are for people who don't know what the

facts
are. Anyone who doesn't appreciate the quality of QSC amps is an ass,
plain
and simple. This is fact, not opinion. As for the high priced spread,
maybe
it's time for somebody like McCarthy to issue a general RIPOFF ALERT, as
well as a warning about the people of bad character who keep pushing the
stuff.

**Points:

* McCarthy was a US Senator who did enormous damage to US society. Of
course, the gutless wimps who capitulated to him weren't much better.
* McCarty is food server and has no credibility.
* QSC amps and every other amp I've listened to, which uses 'rail

shifting'
sound like crap.

They do sound like crap. Rail shifting may not be the direct cause, but
merely a sign of an "anything goes" design philosophy, which is why they
sound like crap.

Bad Scientist wrote:

"They do sound like crap. Rail shifting may not be the direct cause,
but
merely a sign of an "anything goes" design philosophy, which is why
they
sound like crap."

Have you done any blind comparisons of them to other amps you like?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Bad Scientist wrote:

"They do sound like crap. Rail shifting may not be the direct cause,
but
merely a sign of an "anything goes" design philosophy, which is why
they
sound like crap."

Have you done any blind comparisons of them to other amps you like?

For that matter, have you done any blind comparisons of them to amps you
don't like?

"BAD SCIENTIST", indeed.

Arny Krueger

Robert Morein wrote:

"Trevor Wilson" wrote

in message

* QSC amps and every other amp I've listened to, which

uses 'rail
shifting' sound like crap.

Show's the writers ignorance. Many QSC amps lack
rail-shifting.

They do sound like crap.

Shows the writer's desire to say hateful things, regardless
of his ignorance or the true facts.

Rail shifting may not be the direct cause,

Given that many QSC models, all of which the writer is
damning don't use rail shifting...

but merely a sign of an "anything goes" design philosophy,

which is
why they sound like crap.

Shows the writer's ignorance. High performance highly robust
amplifiers don't come from an "anything goes" deisgn
philosophy. QSC obtains robust performance the same basic
way that Krell does - their amps are vastly overbuilt
compared to the minimum that it would take to get the job
done. In terms of low impedance load driving capabilties,
they are overbuilt even compared to most Hafler amps.

Margaret von B.

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
Robert Morein wrote:

"Trevor Wilson" wrote

in message

* QSC amps and every other amp I've listened to, which

uses 'rail
shifting' sound like crap.

Show's the writers ignorance. Many QSC amps lack
rail-shifting.

They do sound like crap.

Shows the writer's desire to say hateful things, regardless
of his ignorance or the true facts.

However, any sexual innuendo and insults based on one's sex and sexual
preference are remarkably absent. That's a lot more than one can say about
you. It is also very informative about Bob's life vs. your torturous
existence. And you're whining that someone hates your AMPS! Jeez....

BTW, the QSC amps really suck! The Crown Macro Reference is the way to go
with pro amps.

Cheers,

Margaret

Trevor Wilson

"Margaret von B." wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
Robert Morein wrote:

"Trevor Wilson" wrote

in message

* QSC amps and every other amp I've listened to, which

uses 'rail
shifting' sound like crap.

Show's the writers ignorance. Many QSC amps lack
rail-shifting.

They do sound like crap.

Shows the writer's desire to say hateful things, regardless
of his ignorance or the true facts.

However, any sexual innuendo and insults based on one's sex and sexual
preference are remarkably absent. That's a lot more than one can say about
you. It is also very informative about Bob's life vs. your torturous
existence. And you're whining that someone hates your AMPS! Jeez....

BTW, the QSC amps really suck! The Crown Macro Reference is the way to go
with pro amps.

**Agreed. The Macro Reference is an excellent amplifier. It beats the pants
off a goodly number of 'real hi fi' amps. All the QSC amps, I've heard, used
rail shifting and sounded like crap. I have not heard/measured the non-rail
shifters. It seems they may have learned their lesson, like NAD did and
dispensed with that horrible technology.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

George M. Middius

Signal said:

I note that QSC amps have failed to set the world alight.

That's true, and yet very surprising, considering they bear the 'Borg Stamp
of Approval.

Robert Morein

wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
Bad Scientist wrote:

"They do sound like crap. Rail shifting may not be the direct cause,
but
merely a sign of an "anything goes" design philosophy, which is why
they
sound like crap."

Have you done any blind comparisons of them to other amps you like?

For that matter, have you done any blind comparisons of them to amps you
don't like?

"BAD SCIENTIST", indeed.

No, but I haven't done any deaf comparisons either.

"Signal" wrote in message
"George M. Middius" emitted :

I note that QSC amps have failed to set the world alight.

That's true, and yet very surprising, considering they bear the 'Borg

Stamp
of Approval.

Yes, very surprising. Borg approved gear is generally world cl'arse.

Some people claim they can hear better than other people. Scientific
research on the nature of hearing confirms that any differences between QSC
amps and allegedly better amps are totally inaudible. More expensive amps
are just RIPOFFS (ALERT!). These people are fools and charlatans, and this
group would be better off without them.

Trevor Wilson

wrote in message

"Signal" wrote in message
"George M. Middius" emitted :

I note that QSC amps have failed to set the world alight.

That's true, and yet very surprising, considering they bear the 'Borg

Stamp
of Approval.

Yes, very surprising. Borg approved gear is generally world cl'arse.

Some people claim they can hear better than other people. Scientific
research on the nature of hearing confirms that any differences between
QSC
amps and allegedly better amps are totally inaudible.

**Really. Please cite this "scientific research", the people and equipment
used and under what conditions. I'll wait.

More expensive amps
are just RIPOFFS (ALERT!).

**Really? Prove it.

These people are fools and charlatans, and this
group would be better off without them.

**Really? Prove it.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Surf

"Trevor Wilson" wrote

Some people claim they can hear better than other people. Scientific
research on the nature of hearing confirms that any differences between
QSC
amps and allegedly better amps are totally inaudible.

**Really. Please cite this "scientific research", the people and equipment
used and under what conditions. I'll wait.

More expensive amps
are just RIPOFFS (ALERT!).

**Really? Prove it.

These people are fools and charlatans, and this
group would be better off without them.

**Really? Prove it.

Bwian doesn't have to prove anything. Bwian is hit-and-run
)just like his new buddy Richard Malesweski - better known
as torrie****s.) They rarely respond to questions or comments
on their posts.