Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Margaret von B.

Default Borg antivenom available here

http://www.exoticaudio.org/

Gorgeous! Aren't they?

Cheers,

Margaret

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
http://www.exoticaudio.org/

Gorgeous! Aren't they?

I heard a lot of this stuff at HE2005. Can't judge a book by
its cover, eh Maggie?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
http://www.exoticaudio.org/

Gorgeous! Aren't they?

I heard a lot of this stuff at HE2005. Can't judge a book by its cover, eh
Maggie?

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
http://www.exoticaudio.org/

Gorgeous! Aren't they?

I heard a lot of this stuff at HE2005. Can't judge a
book by its cover, eh Maggie?

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it
drink.

A very helpful fact when the figurative water has been
poisoned, like it was at HE2005.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
http://www.exoticaudio.org/

Gorgeous! Aren't they?

I heard a lot of this stuff at HE2005. Can't judge a
book by its cover, eh Maggie?

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it
drink.

A very helpful fact when the figurative water has been poisoned, like it
was at HE2005.

Paranoids resist treatment.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:42:37 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
http://www.exoticaudio.org/

Gorgeous! Aren't they?

I heard a lot of this stuff at HE2005. Can't judge a
book by its cover, eh Maggie?

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it
drink.

A very helpful fact when the figurative water has been
poisoned, like it was at HE2005.

Well, that only occured when you showed up.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal

"Margaret von B." said:

http://www.exoticaudio.org/

Gorgeous! Aren't they?

Lovely.

One day, when I grow up, I'll build some of them.

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
a barefoot sage

Gorgeous! Aren't they?

Cheers,

Margaret

a lot of that is pretty, but inside the box it is solid-state (harsh
sounding high-end crap)

the wealthiest people in the world, at least the ones in the know, buy
single ended, direct heated, tube audio (DHSET)

let's put it this way, the best amps in the world are based on tubes from
1930's, it has been downhill since then

if you really want to see the best sounding amps in the world, go he

www.vt52.com

maybe not quite as "gorgeous", but these amps are the only technology that
has "gorgeous" sound, and that is really all that matters!

PS - if you haven't heard a high-end DHSET amp, don't even bother replying
to this post, you are still in the dark!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

"a barefoot sage" wrote in message
Gorgeous! Aren't they?

Cheers,

Margaret

a lot of that is pretty, but inside the box it is solid-state (harsh
sounding high-end crap)

the wealthiest people in the world, at least the ones in the know, buy
single ended, direct heated, tube audio (DHSET)

let's put it this way, the best amps in the world are based on tubes from
1930's, it has been downhill since then

if you really want to see the best sounding amps in the world, go he

www.vt52.com

maybe not quite as "gorgeous", but these amps are the only technology that
has "gorgeous" sound, and that is really all that matters!

PS - if you haven't heard a high-end DHSET amp, don't even bother replying
to this post, you are still in the dark!

I heard some at the NY Hifi Show. The sound did not appeal to me.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

"a barefoot sage" wrote in message
Gorgeous! Aren't they?

Cheers,

Margaret

a lot of that is pretty, but inside the box it is solid-state (harsh
sounding high-end crap)

the wealthiest people in the world, at least the ones in the know, buy
single ended, direct heated, tube audio (DHSET)

let's put it this way, the best amps in the world are based on tubes from
1930's, it has been downhill since then

if you really want to see the best sounding amps in the world, go he

www.vt52.com

maybe not quite as "gorgeous", but these amps are the only technology that
has "gorgeous" sound, and that is really all that matters!

PS - if you haven't heard a high-end DHSET amp, don't even bother replying
to this post, you are still in the dark!

One note: Although I found myself negatively impressed by the SETs I've
heard, I don't believe I've heard a 1watt horn setup. I am willing to be
surprised.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"a barefoot sage" wrote in message

Gorgeous! Aren't they?

Cheers,

Margaret

a lot of that is pretty, but inside the box it is
solid-state (harsh sounding high-end crap)

the wealthiest people in the world, at least the ones in
the know, buy single ended, direct heated, tube audio
(DHSET)
let's put it this way, the best amps in the world are
based on tubes from 1930's, it has been downhill since
then

Ironic and ignorant given that the 1930s was well before the
golden age of tubes.

if you really want to see the best sounding amps in the
world, go he

www.vt52.com

Wow, such devotion to doing just about everything the
obsolete and wrong way.

maybe not quite as "gorgeous", but these amps are the
only technology that has "gorgeous" sound, and that is
really all that matters!

Someone has got their blinders on, not to mention the
earplugs.

PS - if you haven't heard a high-end DHSET amp, don't
even bother replying to this post, you are still in the
dark!

A new acronym for ancient, obsolete, under-performing
technology?

LOL!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Long Wang

are you like an INBRED retard?

know one that knows audio thinks solid-state sounds anywhere remotely close
to how good tube audio sounds

****in MORON

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal

"Arny Krueger" said:

let's put it this way, the best amps in the world are
based on tubes from 1930's, it has been downhill since
then

Ironic and ignorant given that the 1930s was well before the
golden age of tubes.

Yep, they were using all relays in those days.

Man, those relay amps are really good sounding!

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Long Wang" wrote in message
. ..
are you like an INBRED retard?

know one that knows audio thinks solid-state sounds anywhere remotely
close to how good tube audio sounds

That's true. Anybody that knows anything about audio knows that if you want
the closest thing to the master, then you must have solid state equipment
and CD playback.

****in MORON