Datura

Default iMac output into vintage Telefunken HiFi Stereo ?

Greetings from Arizona,

I'm new to this group and vaguely uninformed when it comes to vintage
audio, so please bare with me.

I recently picked up a matching four piece Telefunken system at a
thrift store. It includes:

Main Amp .... CM 1
Pre Amp ... CP 1
Tuner ... CT 1
Cassette CT 1

I'm running vintage Bose 901s off it thru the Bose Active Equalizer.
(also a thrift store acquisition).

My problem ? The Bose uses the tape input/output on the back of the
PreAmp. The only other RCA input on the back of the PreAmp is for
"PU", which I assume is for a turntable ? This input seems WAY to
sensitive for the iMac output. Patching an RCA to mini-plug cord into
it (PU) produces a loud low hum.

So ... any ideas on how I can play my iMac (and iTunes) thru the
Telefunken system ?

Thanks,
Frank
Scott Dorsey

Datura wrote:
audio, so please bare with me.

I recently picked up a matching four piece Telefunken system at a
thrift store. It includes:

Main Amp .... CM 1
Pre Amp ... CP 1
Tuner ... CT 1
Cassette CT 1

I'm running vintage Bose 901s off it thru the Bose Active Equalizer.
(also a thrift store acquisition).

My problem ? The Bose uses the tape input/output on the back of the
PreAmp. The only other RCA input on the back of the PreAmp is for
"PU", which I assume is for a turntable ? This input seems WAY to
sensitive for the iMac output. Patching an RCA to mini-plug cord into
it (PU) produces a loud low hum.

Yes, this is a pick-up input. Skip the tape in/out and put the Boseifier
in the connection between the preamp and the main amplifier. If it's using
DIN connectors instead of RCAs, you may need to order the DIN cables.

Or, just get better speakers that don't require massive EQ.