DK

Default Installing Alpine CDA-9815 on a Acura RSX Type-S - problem

Hi all,

I have a question for you pro installers out there. I have a Alpine
CDA-9815 and I want to install it on my RSX-S. But before I ask the
questions, let me explain to you want I am trying to do. I am taking out
the stock Bose head unit and replacing it with my 9815. I will feed the
preamp outputs from the 9815 to the stock Bose amp ( I am able to do this,
b/c I found a stock amp integration harness ). Now, here is 3 questions
that I have for you pros out there. (1) The preamp output of the 9815 is
rated at 4V, I'm sure the stock Bose head unit is lower, but don't know how
much lower. So the question is, will there be any potential problem? (2)
The 9815 uses a high output internal amp. The manual said that I should use
a dedicated power line connected directly to the battery. Since I'm not
using the internal amp. Is that absolutely nessasary? Has anyone tried
this before? (3) What is the difference b/t grounding to the chasis of the
car compare with grounding to the negative termnimal of the battery? Which
one is better? Why?

Thank you all in advance.
-DK

My Name

1). Have you looked around to see if there is some sort of box you can place
between the RCA's coming from the HU and the stock amp integration harness
that will let you adjust it?

2). Since you are not using the internal amp on the 9815, you should turn it
off, see the manual on how to do this. With the amp turned off you should
have no problem running off of power from the factory wiring, and the HU
will stay much cooler too.

3). Not much really.. from what I understand, ideally you want the ground
wire to be as short as possible, both of mine (on my amps) are about 6" and
are bolted with a significant sized bolt directly to bare metal on the floor
of the vehicle.

The 9815 is a badass unit. I only wish they gave me the choice of multiple
color illumination for the buttons. I didn't really want the blue, would've
bought the 9813 but it doesn't have the dot matrix display, which is what
prompted me to buy the 9815, I reburn all of my commercial cd's to cd-r's
and add CD-Text. (I wonder why hardly any commercial releases have cd-text?
I mean you think it would be a good thing to do, it doesn't interfere if
your cd player doesn't read CD-Text, but it would make me so happy!, but
then again we're dealing with the music industry, so it kindof explains it).

"DK" wrote in message
. net...

Hi all,

I have a question for you pro installers out there. I have a Alpine
CDA-9815 and I want to install it on my RSX-S. But before I ask the
questions, let me explain to you want I am trying to do. I am taking out
the stock Bose head unit and replacing it with my 9815. I will feed the
preamp outputs from the 9815 to the stock Bose amp ( I am able to do this,
b/c I found a stock amp integration harness ). Now, here is 3 questions

---