wicked1

Default headlight dimming problems solved tonight

I was going to do the typical thing and add 3 farads of caps to my system
but then I did some research and a few guys on here said caps were not as
good as a second battery for the problem. Well I went to Autozone and bought
the commercial series battery (biggest reserve and cca availible) and
installed it in my caddy tonight. Problems solved and the bass seems to hit
deeper and harder now.Now for my Earthquake ph-d2 amp to arrive I have
already had my alternator replaced with a 200 amp model and the shop that
did it said for anothber 70 dollars they will make it a dual rectifier 250
amp alternator. Do you think the Earthquake amp will need that? I will be
running it at 1.6 ohms so should have over 2000 watts RMS.

Captain Howdy

In article , "wicked1" wrote:
I was going to do the typical thing and add 3 farads of caps to my system
but then I did some research and a few guys on here said caps were not as
good as a second battery for the problem. Well I went to Autozone and bought
the commercial series battery (biggest reserve and cca availible) and
installed it in my caddy tonight. Problems solved and the bass seems to hit
deeper and harder now

How does that make your bass hit deeper ?
wicked1

let me rephrase that the deep bass sounds louder

"Captain Howdy" wrote in message
In article , "wicked1"

wrote:
I was going to do the typical thing and add 3 farads of caps to my system
but then I did some research and a few guys on here said caps were not as
good as a second battery for the problem. Well I went to Autozone and

bought
the commercial series battery (biggest reserve and cca availible) and
installed it in my caddy tonight. Problems solved and the bass seems to

hit
deeper and harder now

How does that make your bass hit deeper ?

Gary Rodgers

"wicked1" wrote in message
| no its not sealed its in the trunk about 2 inches from the amp.

You do realize that as an unsealed battery is charging, it emits explosive
gases, although in very small amounts...Under the ventilated hood of a car,
this is not a problem...in a sealed up trunk, it could very quickly turn
into a very big problem... Just my 2¢

Gary

Masterson

Well Gary Rodgers is on the right track.....sort of....

Its not so much Explosive Gas's, as Toxic ones.

An alkaline, unsealed, battery is always giving off fumes
that are deadly to a human. In a sealed car, over time,
the gases will affect the people inside. They will pass
out and over a longer time, die.

no its not sealed its in the trunk about 2 inches from the amp.

Kevin McMurtrie

In article . net,
"Gary Rodgers" wrote:

"wicked1" wrote in message
| no its not sealed its in the trunk about 2 inches from the amp.

You do realize that as an unsealed battery is charging, it emits explosive
gases, although in very small amounts...Under the ventilated hood of a car,
this is not a problem...in a sealed up trunk, it could very quickly turn
into a very big problem... Just my 2¢

Gary

Hydrogen not a problem in a car trunk. Hydrogen is very light so it
pushes quite hard to escape.

Acid leaking, burping, and misting are something I'd worry about more.
Cheap batteries make a mess all around them. You'd only want to use a
good "sealed" car battery back there. It isn't truly sealed, but it
vents much less than a battery with maintenance caps.

sancho

How does that make your bass hit deeper ?

the power of suggestion...

thelizman

Kevin McMurtrie wrote:

Acid leaking, burping, and misting are something I'd worry about more.

I'd worry about any lead acid battery which foolishly obeys the laws of
inertia and keeps going in the event that your car meets another car at
speed, and decides foolishly to obey the laws of inertia by stopping.

--
Lizard
That airbag ain't gonna do **** to prevent "Die Hard" from being stamped
wicked1

Well maybe theres truth in that but on my old bronco I used to have it had 2
non sealed batteries in the back for air compressor and other things and I
aint dead yet so that doesnt bother me. I never had any major seapage then
so I dont plan on it now.

"Masterson" wrote in message
news
Well Gary Rodgers is on the right track.....sort of....

Its not so much Explosive Gas's, as Toxic ones.

An alkaline, unsealed, battery is always giving off fumes
that are deadly to a human. In a sealed car, over time,
the gases will affect the people inside. They will pass
out and over a longer time, die.

no its not sealed its in the trunk about 2 inches from the amp.

Kevin McMurtrie

In article ,
"Masterson" wrote:

Well Gary Rodgers is on the right track.....sort of....

Its not so much Explosive Gas's, as Toxic ones.

An alkaline, unsealed, battery is always giving off fumes
that are deadly to a human. In a sealed car, over time,
the gases will affect the people inside. They will pass
out and over a longer time, die.

Car batteries are acidic; the opposite of alkaline.

Only the lead is toxic in small amounts. Batteries with large vents
will emit microscopic lead and sulfur droplets caused by gas bubbles
bursting. These droplets, actually their mess, become visible if you
use the battery in an enclosure. The so called "sealed" batteries are
clean.

Hydrogen and sulfuric acid aren't toxic in small quantities. Sulfuric
acid is used in dried fruit to preserve the color. Hydrogen is
naturally in your blood from the work going on in your intestines.

As for the other posting about momentum... I would assume and hope that
it's in a secured basket meant for holding batteries.
sancho

Well maybe theres truth in that but on my old bronco I used to have it had
2
non sealed batteries in the back for air compressor and other things and I
aint dead yet so that doesnt bother me. I never had any major seapage then
so I dont plan on it now.

and i never wear condoms...

we KICK ASS
--
sancho

wicked1

it is secured. I wasnt trying to say that its the best idea but I am out of
money now for the optimas.I think it will be fine for another month or two
then it will go under the hood and an optima in the trunk. It cost me around
60 dollars and it fixed my problems. Even if it does emit a ltittle gas its
not a big deal its in the trunk that gets opened every day or two.It
definately isnt going anywhere. If it does even puke it wont hurt anything
but the interior carpet of my trunk not the amps or such.Not a big deal to
me right now.

"Kevin McMurtrie" wrote in message
"Masterson" wrote:

[...]

Aaron

Well Gary Rodgers is on the right track.....sort of....

Its not so much Explosive Gas's, as Toxic ones.

Actually Gary is right,

A car battery is not alkaline, it's lead acid. And when charging it
emits hydrogen, which we all know is very explosive. If you've worked in
an auto shop you've seen a battery or two blow up in peoples face.
That's why when you boost your car you connect the ground last, and you
ground to the chassis instead of the battery terminal. Keep the spark
away from the vents...

Aaron