Posted to rec.audio.car
runnerfajita runnerfajita is offline

Default Clarion DXZ555MP power problem

Hi, I recently bought a Clarion head unit (model # in title) and I
hooked it up to my Suburu Legacy. Everything is connected right, but
when the car is on, only the illumination and cd eject work. The
display doesn't turn on and it won't accept cds. I did a direct
battery hookup with the receiver and the problem still exists, so I
think it is in the unit itself. Is there something I'm missing to get
this to work? Thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

"runnerfajita" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, I recently bought a Clarion head unit (model # in title) and I
hooked it up to my Suburu Legacy. Everything is connected right, but
when the car is on, only the illumination and cd eject work. The
display doesn't turn on and it won't accept cds. I did a direct
battery hookup with the receiver and the problem still exists, so I
think it is in the unit itself. Is there something I'm missing to get
this to work? Thanks.

Did you hook both power wires up. The yelow and the red?
It sounds like just the yellow is hooked up.
If the red is hooked up, check the fuse on that line

Posted to rec.audio.car
runnerfajita runnerfajita is offline

I found the problem, apparently the reciever is screwed up. I hooked
up my last reciever as suggested and it worked fine. Thanks.