Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

Default Some great guitar playing

By two buddies of mine: Laurence Juber and Ed Gerhard. Just thought
I'd share ;-)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TyLpp_VInRQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dUQg5ln6W_U

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RfyeMZFWhvs
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
Bill Riel wrote:

In article jennconductsREMOVETHIS-F044E1.00141021082007
@newsclstr03.news.prodigy.net,
says...
By two buddies of mine: Laurence Juber and Ed Gerhard. Just thought
I'd share ;-)

Wow - thanks for sharing! Those were awesome!

I've been away from rao for a while (I've been on a vacation in the UK)
but I did see your post about classical CDs in Portland OR. I have to
say that I absolutely love Portland, though I didn't know that you did
the odd gig there. Would you be playing guitar at these?

I'd love to know when you're doing anything there - I don't live in
Portland (I'm actually up in Canada) but my wife and I make it to
Portland at least once a year, often more. We generally make it to the
excellent jazz festival they host, but it would be awesome to catch one
of your sessions down there.

Thanks so much. It was just a one time thing, at the end of a week-long
seminar at Lewis and Clark College that I did with Ed Gerhard (from the
above videos). But I hope to get up there in the next year, perhaps in
January, and if I do, I'm hoping to get another small gig or two. Thank
you kindly for your interest in my guitar.

And I have found Portland a gold mine for music purchases among other
things...makes me think it's almost time for another vacation!

I'm with ya! Portland is a great, great town, especially if you love
music. Did you ever drive through Mt. Tabor Park on the east side?
What a great place. I worked for 5 years at a small Christian college
on Mt. Tabor called Warner Pacific College. Anyway, thanks again for
writing.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bill Riel Bill Riel is offline

In article jennconductsREMOVETHIS-DB81FC.23471521082007
@newsclstr03.news.prodigy.net,
says...

Thanks so much. It was just a one time thing, at the end of a week-long
seminar at Lewis and Clark College that I did with Ed Gerhard (from the
above videos). But I hope to get up there in the next year, perhaps in
January, and if I do, I'm hoping to get another small gig or two. Thank
you kindly for your interest in my guitar.

Well, January is good - the weather isn't great, but there's not much
difference between where I live and what happens in Portland. We usually
get there in February for the jazz festival, but we'll take any excuse
to get down there!

And I have found Portland a gold mine for music purchases among other
things...makes me think it's almost time for another vacation!

I'm with ya! Portland is a great, great town, especially if you love
music.

It's a wonderful town if you're a foodie, too! Lots of outstanding
restaurants, and which are generally much cheaper than you'd pay in
larger cities. And don't get me started on the awesome bookstores!

Did you ever drive through Mt. Tabor Park on the east side?
What a great place. I worked for 5 years at a small Christian college
on Mt. Tabor called Warner Pacific College. Anyway, thanks again for
writing.

You are very welcome. And thanks for the tip regarding Mt. Tabor: I've
never been there, and that's something we'll look for on our next visit.

--
Bill
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] vinylanach@aol.com is offline

I've lived in the Portland area for two months now, and I absolutely
love it. I went into a little record store just yesterday in the St.
John's area called Vinyl Resting Place. Great name, great store!

Boon

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Marc said:

I went into a little record store just yesterday in the St.
John's area called Vinyl Resting Place. Great name, great store!

You should explain that the name is ironic, or at least a pun. Otherwise
Krooger will start krowing about the "death" of vinyl.

Have you noticed that a lot of bands make a point of touting the LP
version of their newest releases? Good thing 'borgs don't actually buy
new music.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] vinylanach@aol.com is offline

On Aug 24, 3:00?am, George M. Middius cmndr _ george @ comcast .
net wrote:
Marc said:

I went into a little record store just yesterday in the St.
John's area called Vinyl Resting Place. Great name, great store!

You should explain that the name is ironic, or at least a pun. Otherwise
Krooger will start krowing about the "death" of vinyl.

Have you noticed that a lot of bands make a point of touting the LP
version of their newest releases? Good thing 'borgs don't actually buy
new music.

I think that the Vinyl Renaissance is at its post-CD peak this very
minute. Sales of everything are WAY up. The problem is, the market is
getting flooded with new 'tables from untested companies, which is
confusing to people who are looking to get back into vinyl. If
everyone stuck to the standard bearers, I'd be a little more happy
with this surge of interest in vinyl.

Boon