Reilly

Default H-K AVR20 II turns on momentarily, but then shuts off (?)

I've owned my Harmon Kardon AVR20 II for about 7 years now and have
used it nearly every day of my life. It's a nice receiver and I've
thought about upgrading, but since I just moved into a new house I
don't want to think about buying a new system right now.

Anyways, I turn the power on and I hear the usualy click, the light on
the power goes green for a couple of seconds, but then AUTOMATICALLY
turns off.

Has anyone ever had this happen to their H-K or to their receiver? Is
it even worth taking to the audio store to have checked out or is it
totally burnt out?

Thanks
Mark D. Zacharias

The most likely things are a blown amp channel, or bad solder connections.
Either could be a result of or aggravated by your recent move. HK's are
hardly user-repairable. Time to get it to a shop. If it's not worth 150.00
or more to fix you might consider replacement instead.

Mark Z.

Mark Z.

m...