Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] darthmind@gmail.com is offline

Default Levinson #37 'ac bad' & 'set volt'

Anyone know what these messages mean, which came after a power outage?

tia

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone know what these messages mean, which came after a power outage?

It means either the unit lost track of its setting or something in the power
area is broken. Either one requires service.

According to this owners manual

http://www.marklev.com/No37/37manual.pdf

You can't set the power settings and the unit won't work if it thinks the
setting don't match your line frequency.
I'm guessing the power supply is a switcher and the voltage settings are in
a ROM which got corrupted...or the freq detector is fried.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone know what these messages mean, which came after a power outage?

Serious trouble. If you have to ask what they mean, fixing them is outside
of your realm of competence. Take it to someone who at least knows what they
mean.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] darthmind@gmail.com is offline

Apparently the unit started working again this morning. I guess it must
have either sensed very low voltage, or line freq not close to 60Hz -
all possible with the kind of power consumption here in the northeast
yesterday (28,000 Megawatts!); or the internal settings
got corrupted and it somehow recovered??? Weird. Still, I suspect it
will happen again...

I hate hardware that will operate with certain voltages and frequency,
so time to buy a PS Audio 300 that accepts everything and you can
control the freq...

tia

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] darthmind@gmail.com is offline

Bret Ludwig wrote:

Buy a REAL AC lab supply with ten times the performance cheaper. Putz.

Thank you, Putz; I will check it out. BTW, do you have any constructive
to say? Like how it fares against other power conditioners, etc? Or do
like just like to get on the net and characterize people and waste
bandwidth?