jonothon

Default Where to repair AKG 414?

Looking for somewhere to get my 414 fixed. Kids knocked the stand over
and broke off the pattern switch. Mic still works ok.

Geoff@work

"jonothon" wrote in message
oups.com...
Looking for somewhere to get my 414 fixed. Kids knocked the stand over
and broke off the pattern switch. Mic still works ok.

Hope it hasn't sheared off one of the 1mm (?) screws into the chassis
casting. I had to get one drilled out and re-tapped by a watch-maker ! But
yes, the nearest AKG service centre is likely to have (or have access to)
the custom switches andscrews.

geoff

jonothon wrote:
Looking for somewhere to get my 414 fixed. Kids knocked the stand over
and broke off the pattern switch. Mic still works ok.

Just use a small screwdriver to move it like everyone else. Or send it
to Nashville. Or order the switch and put it in yerself.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades

jonothon

yeah, i've been using the small screwdriver for quite a while. any
idea how to order the switch?

Geoff Wood

"jonothon" wrote in message
ups.com...
yeah, i've been using the small screwdriver for quite a while. any
idea how to order the switch?

Check the part number from the service docs available at :
http://www.akg.com/akg_structuretree...tegory,11.html

Ring AKG and ask for one.

geoff

Mike Rivers

In article . com writes:

yeah, i've been using the small screwdriver for quite a while. any
idea how to order the switch?

If you're in the US, follow these simple steps:

1. Locate a telephone.
2. Call 615-620-3800
3. Ask for the Parts Department
4. Order the switch.

If you're outside the US, choose your country from the web site:
http://tinyurl.com/7kv5d

Follow the above steps, substituting for the telephone number in
Step 2.

Annoying Condescending Mode ON

Check back next week for tips on pouring **** out of a boot when the
instructions are written on the heel.