Default Low-end computer speaker comparison

My apologies if I have selected the wrong forum for this question:

I need to add a pair of stereo speakers to my new dell computer. I
returned the 5.1 100 watt system that shipped with my package, because
I don't have the room for all the equipment, and I really won't use
this computer for critical music listening.

I am trying to decide between a Dell A215 speaker set or JBL Platinum
Series (Altec) set. I have the JBL's on my old Compaq, and they are
more than adequate for my purposes. Both sets of speakers seem to be
available in abundance on ebay, etc. for under $20, delivered.

So the question boils down to whether the Dell A215 or JBL pair have
the better sound quality.

I suspect that this group will have opinions aplenty, hopefully some
will not be of the "avoid all computer speakers" genre.

Thanks,
Brian
bdz000AThotmail.com

George M. Middius

cirejcon said:

Not if you don't mind risking some ****** telling you you're subhuman
for wanting to spend less than six months' salary on speakers.

Another Ferstler/Nousiane/Krooger sockpuppet rears its latex head....