Lee

Default rec.audio.car Live F.A.Q. Links

rec.audio.car FAQ
$Revision: 4.53 $
@Live Copy
@February 2004

'New Questions' (http://tinyurl.com/2vv93)
Requested questions to be added to the FAQ

'Introduction' (http://tinyurl.com/2vv93)
Explaination of this FAQ and its source.

'Definitions' (http://tinyurl.com/2vv93)
Background information which defines some of the acronyms an
terminology commonly used in the car audio world.

'Electrical' (http://tinyurl.com/2vv93)
This section describes various problems and concepts which are closel
related to electronics.

'Components' (http://tinyurl.com/2vv93)
Describes various components that you can have in a car audio system
along with some common specifications.

'Subwoofers' (http://tinyurl.com/2vv93)
Describes some elements necessary for understanding subwoofers and bo
design.

'Installation' (http://tinyurl.com/2vv93)
Describes how to do what you want once you know what it is you want t
do.

'Competiton' (http://tinyurl.com/2vv93)
Describes the competition branch of the car audio world.

'Credits' (http://tinyurl.com/2vv93)
Legend and credits for submissions and inclusions to the rec.audio.ca
FAQ.

*We are currently looking for faq editors
-
Le
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17647

Mark Zarella

Tough to navigate in that format.

Did Ian give you permission to copy the old FAQ to your site? I assume he
did.

Also, it seems like it would be difficult for someone to get any real
answers when you're saying two different things on the same page.

Constructive criticisms, not flame fodder.

"Lee" wrote in message
s.com...
rec.audio.car FAQ
$Revision: 4.53 $
@Live Copy
@February 2004

'New Questions' (http://tinyurl.com/2vv93)
Requested questions to be added to the FAQ

'Introduction' (http://tinyurl.com/2vv93)
Explaination of this FAQ and its source.

'Definitions' (http://tinyurl.com/2vv93)
Background information which defines some of the acronyms and
terminology commonly used in the car audio world.

'Electrical' (http://tinyurl.com/2vv93)
This section describes various problems and concepts which are closely
related to electronics.

'Components' (http://tinyurl.com/2vv93)
Describes various components that you can have in a car audio system,
along with some common specifications.

'Subwoofers' (http://tinyurl.com/2vv93)
Describes some elements necessary for understanding subwoofers and box
design.

'Installation' (http://tinyurl.com/2vv93)
Describes how to do what you want once you know what it is you want to
do.

'Competiton' (http://tinyurl.com/2vv93)
Describes the competition branch of the car audio world.

'Credits' (http://tinyurl.com/2vv93)
Legend and credits for submissions and inclusions to the rec.audio.car

--
Lee
View this thread:

http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...hreadid=176474

Lee

Mark Zarella wrote:
*Tough to navigate in that format.*

Pro's and Con's -- it is now searchable, it can have visitor adde
comments and there are now tools for making improvements with share
review.

Mark Zarella wrote:
*Did Ian give you permission to copy the old FAQ to your site?*

Actually, a) technically it isn't copyrighted and b) permission i
granted in the introduction.

Mark Zarella wrote:
*Also, it seems like it would be difficult for someone to get an
real answers when you're saying two different things on the sam
page.
*

Help us out and submit a proposed correction or at least point out th
ambiguity.

Mark Zarella wrote:
*Constructive criticisms, not flame fodder.
*

I got no problem at all with constructive criticisms. That's ho
things get improved.

Thanks for your feedback.
Le
-
Le
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17647

Lee

oh, and one additional point; I have attempted to contact Ian D
Bjorhovde repeatedly with no response from him. He was the de fact
keeper of the FAQ, but there is no official board involved and n
commission that decides these things -- it is simply up to us, th
users of this medium, to pickup the ball once it has been dropped
-
Le
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17647

Mark Zarella

*Tough to navigate in that format.*
Pro's and Con's -- it is now searchable, it can have visitor added
comments and there are now tools for making improvements with shared
review.

Beats a text file. I wonder if reproducing it as a basic html file would be
a worthy addition?

*Did Ian give you permission to copy the old FAQ to your site?*

Actually, a) technically it isn't copyrighted and b) permission is
granted in the introduction.

He's ok with reproducing and hosting?

*Also, it seems like it would be difficult for someone to get any
real answers when you're saying two different things on the same
page.
*

Help us out and submit a proposed correction or at least point out the
ambiguity.

I just browsed through a few places where the "old" FAQ explanation is
provided and at the bottom it says "caraudioforum doesn't agree with this".
That's not very helpful. Just list the correct answer.

Mark Zarella

I believe I spoke to Ian via email several months ago at that same email
address.

I agree with you about picking up the ball. But I think it's good policy to
get permission from him to use his stuff if he's no longer going to be the
keeper of the FAQ.

"Lee" wrote in message
s.com...
oh, and one additional point; I have attempted to contact Ian D.
Bjorhovde repeatedly with no response from him. He was the de facto
keeper of the FAQ, but there is no official board involved and no
commission that decides these things -- it is simply up to us, the