Meekoe

Default Best Windows OS for Audio and Video editing

I have two PCs currently: one running Windows 98SE and the other Windows
2000 Professional. The 98SE machine runs most of my audio programs such as
Nuendo, Wavelab, etc.. The 2000 Pro is running my video programs. Now I'm
about to build another machine and I'm not an expert on Windows OS, but what
I'd like to know from other more experienced users is what is the most solid
Windows OS out there? I've heard XP Home edition is rock solid reliable.
True or False? I like 98SE because it's backwards compatible with every
piece of software and plugin I have, but crashes here and there. 2000 Pro
has lots of network related stuff I don't need and don't know how to work
around. Advice please... TIA

Andrew M.

Meekoe wrote:

I have two PCs currently: one running Windows 98SE and the other Windows
2000 Professional. The 98SE machine runs most of my audio programs such as
Nuendo, Wavelab, etc.. The 2000 Pro is running my video programs. Now I'm
about to build another machine and I'm not an expert on Windows OS, but what
I'd like to know from other more experienced users is what is the most solid
Windows OS out there? I've heard XP Home edition is rock solid reliable.
True or False? I like 98SE because it's backwards compatible with every
piece of software and plugin I have, but crashes here and there. 2000 Pro
has lots of network related stuff I don't need and don't know how to work
around. Advice please... TIA

XP is solid. All the Steinberg programs work great under XP. It makes
98SE look like a toy.

Philip Perkins

There are now applications that will not run on W98SE (Sound Forge 7),
so it has to be XP or W2k.

Philip Perkins