bxboy3191 bxboy3191 is offline
Junior Member

Default new guy to forum

I was wondering what are your thought on the speakers OHM/WALSH2s
for some reason I have had a hard o-n for these for a long time and their prices go from $300 and up .Any opinions on these.I do think my weakest link in my set up are the speakers. The friends at the Polkie site call my Infinity SM112s dorm room party speaker and my newly refoamed Bose 601s have got a much better response even though they are die hard Bose haters over there...
I did post my sig and hopefully it comes through so you can see what's going on in my living room......
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Listen to as many speakers as you can, and buy what you like. You're the one
who has to live with the speakers.

If you know what live sound sounds like, and you have high-quality
recordings, you will probably select a highly accurate speaker (probably
planar).

If live sound isn't a reference for you, then it doesn't matter what you
buy, as long as it pleases you.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

bxboy3191 wrote:
I was wondering what are your thought on the speakers OHM/WALSH2s
for some reason I have had a hard o-n for these for a long time and
their prices go from $300 and up .Any opinions on these.I do think my
weakest link in my set up are the speakers. The friends at the Polkie
site call my Infinity SM112s dorm room party speaker and my newly
refoamed Bose 601s have got a much better response even though they are
die hard Bose haters over there...
I did post my sig and hopefully it comes through so you can see what's
going on in my living room......

I don't think you're in the right newsgroup.

I will say that the OHM/Walsh drivers are very interesting, and they are
very touchy about the room because of the weird radiation pattern on them.
They need to be in pretty dry room in order to give reasonable imaging
because they are so wide.... the top end pattern and bottom end pattern
match remarkably well and so you get reasonable response off-axis but room
problems are exaggerated.

I never much liked them when they were new but try and audition a pair
and see for yourself. You'll certainly find them a step up from the 601s
but probably with no better imaging.

You will find much better response to home stereo stuff on rec.audio.high-end
than here. This is an audio production newsgroup, really.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chuck[_10_] Chuck[_10_] is offline

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 13:45:30 +0000, bxboy3191
wrote:

I was wondering what are your thought on the speakers OHM/WALSH2s
for some reason I have had a hard o-n for these for a long time and
their prices go from $300 and up .Any opinions on these.I do think my
weakest link in my set up are the speakers. The friends at the Polkie
site call my Infinity SM112s dorm room party speaker and my newly
refoamed Bose 601s have got a much better response even though they are
die hard Bose haters over there...
I did post my sig and hopefully it comes through so you can see what's
going on in my living room......

The Walsh 2 doesn't use the Walsh (inverted cone) driver which was an
incredible power hog and didn't have extended highs but sounded OK.
You would get much better sound from speakers made by NHT, Paradigm,
Mirage, Martin Logan, KEF, B&W, and many more Canadian and European
speakers. All will sound better than Bose 601s. Chuck

new forum bassett Vacuum Tubes 0 November 1st 05 05:30 AM
RAP / Hip Hop forum [email protected] Pro Audio 1 August 1st 05 11:08 PM
Run your own forum Digital Music Doctor Pro Audio 3 June 2nd 05 04:27 PM
New forum bassett Audio Opinions 0 August 15th 04 05:25 AM
Geekslutz forum - A forum for techie geekie nerds! Julian Standen Pro Audio 3 August 6th 03 06:07 AM