Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Hyped high end on Vandersteen 2CE speakers...need input

Hello all -

I'm running Vandersteen 2CE speakers through a cheap Alesis RA-100 amp,
and I realized recently that the high end is (very) significantly
hyped. I don't have another amp to try this on, but would you say it
was the amp causing this hyping, or could it be the speakers? Any
recommendations on a $400 flat amp? I listen to several recordings
through Sennheiser HD600 premium headphones and am getting a very
different HF response. Any input appreciated!

RB