west

Default Tube manual

I was wondering what do you (Rats) use for a comprehensive and up-to-date
tube manual? There are probably more than one that we should use or is there
a software program that covers everything?
Cordially,
west

Ian Iveson

"west" wrote

I was wondering what do you (Rats) use for a comprehensive and
up-to-date
tube manual? There are probably more than one that we should use
or is there
a software program that covers everything?

http://www.duncanamps.com/

On-line search continues to improve at each update. Free TDSL
download is must-have.

Ian

Patrick Turner

west wrote:

I was wondering what do you (Rats) use for a comprehensive and up-to-date
tube manual? There are probably more than one that we should use or is there
a software program that covers everything?
Cordially,
west

I have about at least 4 manuals, the 1972 Miniwatt,
Brimar, RCA, and another old big red book.
Then I have other bunches of loose notes...

I found all mine in s/h book stores before 1996, but I haven't seen any
around since, so the sharks have been feeding.

Patrick Turner.

Iain M Churches

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message

west wrote:

I was wondering what do you (Rats) use for a comprehensive and up-to-date
tube manual? There are probably more than one that we should use or is
there
a software program that covers everything?
Cordially,
west

I have about at least 4 manuals, the 1972 Miniwatt,
Brimar, RCA, and another old big red book.
Then I have other bunches of loose notes...

I found all mine in s/h book stores before 1996, but I haven't seen any
around since, so the sharks have been feeding.

Patrick Turner.

I the RCA manual also. I found it in a second hand book store,
filed under "Science Fiction"

Iain

Gregg

Behold, Iain M Churches scribed on tube chassis:

west wrote:

I was wondering what do you (Rats) use for a comprehensive and
up-to-date tube manual? There are probably more than one that we
should use or is there
a software program that covers everything? Cordially, west

I have about at least 4 manuals, the 1972 Miniwatt, Brimar, RCA, and
another old big red book. Then I have other bunches of loose notes...

I found all mine in s/h book stores before 1996, but I haven't seen any
around since, so the sharks have been feeding.

Patrick Turner.

I the RCA manual also. I found it in a second hand book store, filed
under "Science Fiction"

Iain

Isn't that where the M$ manuals are? :^)

--
Gregg "t3h g33k"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca

Patrick Turner

west wrote:

I was wondering what do you (Rats) use for a comprehensive and up-to-date
tube manual? There are probably more than one that we should use or is
there
a software program that covers everything?
Cordially,
west

I have about at least 4 manuals, the 1972 Miniwatt,
Brimar, RCA, and another old big red book.
Then I have other bunches of loose notes...

I found all mine in s/h book stores before 1996, but I haven't seen any
around since, so the sharks have been feeding.

Patrick Turner.

I the RCA manual also. I found it in a second hand book store,
filed under "Science Fiction"

But what one does find around the traps of the bookstores are many
semi textbooks on SS electronics, not so wonderful, and almost all not so well
written as
RDH4.

Most are completely out of date as are the germanium transistors described
within.

Tubes are still a very valid way to amplify voltages.

Patrick Turner.

Iain

Tonni

This really aint that bad either... :
http://frank.pocnet.net/vademecum0.html

Tonni

west wrote:

[...]

Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere.
Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at få 798 spam-mails.
Betalende brugere får ikke denne besked i deres e-mails.
Hent den gratis her: www.spamfighter.dk

Iain M Churches

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message

But what one does find around the traps of the bookstores are many
semi textbooks on SS electronics, not so wonderful, and almost all not so
well
written as
RDH4.

Most are completely out of date as are the germanium transistors described
within.

Tubes are still a very valid way to amplify voltages.

After being unavailable for so many years, I was pleased to hear that the
current
edition of RDH4 is now in its second reprint, so the demand is certainly
there.

Iain

Jim Gregory

"Tonni" wrote in message
k...
This really aint that bad either... :
http://frank.pocnet.net/vademecum0.html

Just went on the Polish Vademecum site above.
Seems handier than looking up all those makers' reference data books.
I still have my '70s Brimar, GEC, Osram, Sylvania and Zaerix shorter
catalogues, though I
wish I'd kept my old set of '60s-'70s Mullard looseleaf data in a library of
about twenty folders now!

shiva

west wrote:

I was wondering what do you (Rats) use for a comprehensive and
up-to-date tube manual? There are probably more than one that we
should use or is there
a software program that covers everything? Cordially, west

I have about at least 4 manuals, the 1972 Miniwatt, Brimar, RCA, and
another old big red book. Then I have other bunches of loose notes...

I found all mine in s/h book stores before 1996, but I haven't seen any
around since, so the sharks have been feeding.

Patrick Turner.

I the RCA manual also. I found it in a second hand book store, filed
under "Science Fiction"

Iain

Isn't that where the M$ manuals are? :^)

Nah. That's where the "*nix as the new desktop OS is coming" manuals are.
-dim

west

"Jim Gregory" wrote in message

"Tonni" wrote in message
k...
This really aint that bad either... :
http://frank.pocnet.net/vademecum0.html

Just went on the Polish Vademecum site above.
Seems handier than looking up all those makers' reference data books.
I still have my '70s Brimar, GEC, Osram, Sylvania and Zaerix shorter
catalogues, though I
wish I'd kept my old set of '60s-'70s Mullard looseleaf data in a library

of
about twenty folders now!

Hello Jim,

Thanks for the heads up re the Polish tube site. It is simply awesome.
Trying not to look a Gift Horse in the mouth, I still must wonder what the
motivation is to make a site like that and let all use it for free? The work
alone to produce it is mind boggling.

west

Jim Gregory

West
Valve/tube reference data was probably knocked up by uni students cribbing
from elsewhere anyway!
I would double-check their data with some other similar source anyway, just
to be sure.

Regarding your astonishment, I guess some uncorrupted, technical people are
not mercenary but just happen to be helpful because they take PRIDE in their
work.
Mind you, if that site gets "hit" too many times, they may be told to go
commercial and start making a search-fee charge.
It's the interfering accountants that ruin potentially good food recipes
created by chefs, or other five-star, but sadly and transparently diluted to
three-star, goodies.
What is it they say about them... they know the cost of everything but the
value of nothing!
And *they* run the world!!!!

robert casey

west wrote:

I was wondering what do you (Rats) use for a comprehensive and up-to-date
tube manual? There are probably more than one that we should use or is there
a software program that covers everything?
Cordially,
west

You can download pdf's of data sheets from
http://www.tubedata.info/
Be aware that this site limits daily downloading to
something like 4 megs. But you can save the pdf's to
your hard drive so you only need download any one
pdf once.
John Stewart

Jim Gregory wrote:

West
Valve/tube reference data was probably knocked up by uni students cribbing
from elsewhere anyway!
I would double-check their data with some other similar source anyway, just
to be sure.

If it is the frank.pocnet site you refer to, most of the data is simply copies
of the respective manufacturer's data sheets, such as RCA, GE & Sylvania. Most
look the same as that published in my many tube manuals, altho at times more
comprehensive. An excellent resource. JLS

Regarding your astonishment, I guess some uncorrupted, technical people are
not mercenary but just happen to be helpful because they take PRIDE in their
work.
Mind you, if that site gets "hit" too many times, they may be told to go
commercial and start making a search-fee charge.
It's the interfering accountants that ruin potentially good food recipes
created by chefs, or other five-star, but sadly and transparently diluted to
three-star, goodies.
What is it they say about them... they know the cost of everything but the
value of nothing!
And *they* run the world!!!!

Dances With Sockpuppets

west wrote:
"Jim Gregory" wrote in message

"Tonni" wrote in message
k...
[...]

There seem to be some strange ommissions in the polish site, though. I
couldn't find the following common tubes:
12AX7
6V6
6L6
EL34
EL84
6CA7
6BQ5
ECC81-83
KT66
KT88

What am I doing wrong?

Karl

Andy Evans

There are omissions in the Vade Mecum, but not those you mention. The
300b is absent as well as the 845 and 211, for instance. I'm talking
about the book here, which I have.

John Stewart

Dances With Sockpuppets wrote:

west wrote:
"Jim Gregory" wrote in message

"Tonni" wrote in message
k...
[...]

12AX7 Try http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets1.html

& goto the bottom of the page where you will find several instances of
12AX7.

6V6
6L6 Similarly http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets65.html

for several on the 6L6 family. AFAIK, all the others are in that site
somewhere.
JLS

EL34
EL84