Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] zap@earth.com is offline

Default Phonic PWA 2250 amp, humming!

I have a Phonic PWA power amplifier, that has a serious hum on one
channel 90% of the time. Is this repairable? I've changed components
in other gear before, but don't know where to start with this one.
Anybody??

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Everything is repairable. What test gear do you have? Do you have a
schematic? Start by checking the power supply lines though it seems
unlikely since it's only one side. I presume this hum is present when
nothing is connected to the amp except the speakers? Otherwise you might
have other problems not related to the amp.

wrote in message
I have a Phonic PWA power amplifier, that has a serious hum on one
channel 90% of the time. Is this repairable? I've changed components
in other gear before, but don't know where to start with this one.
Anybody??

Opinions on Phonic Helixboard FW 24 Steve Jorgensen Pro Audio 5 November 25th 05 08:21 AM
Phonic Pro equipment Pro Audio 24 November 13th 05 04:26 PM
Phonic Amplifier [email protected] Pro Audio 9 February 16th 05 11:49 AM
MS 2250 TA on Ebay! New in box! csperlein Audio Opinions 0 April 10th 04 03:22 PM
Phonic P6A pombear Pro Audio 0 February 26th 04 03:53 PM