Posted to alt.music.home-recording,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
MattC MattC is offline

Default Running iTunes and other general audio programs through an mbox

I recently got a an mbox 2 for my laptop pc running XP SP2, completed
the setup process successfully, but could only get sound outputting
from 'pro' software such as reason (I want to be able to output all
sound through the mbox, e.g. for itunes, wmp etc). There didnt appear
to be any issues with Protools either. But when I entered the sounds
and audio devices preferences in the control panel, I found that the
mbox hardware wasn't showing up at all in the available playback or
recording devices... Anyone got any idea whats going on?
My thoughts were that there must be some other driver I need to
install, but there are none on the digidesign disc, and it seems most
other pc users are able to select the mbox as their playback and
recording device without any problems at all...