Al Cunniff

Default FS: Vintage Dokorder 4-track reel-reels

I'm selling 2 Dokorder reel-to-reel 4-track 1/4 inch
recorders, for parts. They light up, but don't work.

These vintage machines from the mid-1970s are in good
shape, though each is missing its logo/head cover plate.
The machines are located near Baltimore, MD.

I'm offering them for $15 each, plus shipping (though
I'd prefer to find a local buyer).

-Al
Scott Dorsey

Al Cunniff wrote:
I'm selling 2 Dokorder reel-to-reel 4-track 1/4 inch
recorders, for parts. They light up, but don't work.

Yes, that sounds about right.

Scott Dorsey

Carey Carlan wrote:
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:
Al Cunniff wrote:
I'm selling 2 Dokorder reel-to-reel 4-track 1/4 inch
recorders, for parts. They light up, but don't work.

Yes, that sounds about right.

This conversation began in AM4T back in February.

Al is trying valiantly to recycle rather than dispose.

I admire him for that, but... some things.... well...

ChuxGarage

I admire him for that, but... some things.... well...

I recall I had a Dokorder auto reverse deck about 1969 that didn't work very
reliably when it was new. It did look cool though...
ScotFraser

I recall I had a Dokorder auto reverse deck about 1969 that didn't work very
reliably when it was new. It did look cool though...

Yup, same here. Early 70's model, had bigtime hum issues. I feel extremely
lucky to have unloaded it when it was still considered a tape deck, rather than
a doorstop.

Scott Fraser
ChuxGarage

It's SO HARD to bring yourself to throw this stuff away.

Boy, that is the truth. I'm even guilty of "taking it in" to keep it from
going to the dumpster. "After all, it MUST be good for something. Somebody
MUST want it."

I'm either going to leave a very complicated estate, or some recycling center
is going to get a lot of useless electronic junk. Probably by the time I can
bear to part with it, the EPA will have declaired it to be "hazardous waste"
and I'll have to pay outrageous amounts just to dispose of it.

There's always ebay...

Chuck