stillroasting

Default PT LE 6.9 and OS X 10.2.8

Has anyone here had good or bad experiences running PTLE 6.9 with OS X
10.2.8?

Thanks

Steve Jorgensen

On 4 Oct 2005 00:44:53 -0700, "stillroasting"
wrote:

Has anyone here had good or bad experiences running PTLE 6.9 with OS X
10.2.8?

Thanks

Not quite, but I'm fighting with 7.0.1 on OS X 10.3.x on a Dual G5.

Logic works fine at very low latencies and lots of tracks and plugins, but
both Nuendo and Pro Tools 7.0.1 have dropouts coinciding with CPU spikes.
I've followed all the tips I can find, but nothing has helped, and I know I
don't have any extra processes running. I've found some articles saying that
OS X may have trouble with CPU spiking while writing to hard disk sometimes,
but I don't know if that's true or what to do about it except try upgrading to
OS X 10.4.x and see if it helps.

wrote:

Has anyone here had good or bad experiences running PTLE 6.9 with OS X
10.2.8?

Thanks

Not quite, but I'm fighting with 7.0.1 on OS X 10.3.x on a Dual G5.

Logic works fine at very low latencies and lots of tracks and plugins, but
both Nuendo and Pro Tools 7.0.1 have dropouts coinciding with CPU spikes.
I've followed all the tips I can find, but nothing has helped, and I know I
don't have any extra processes running. I've found some articles saying that
OS X may have trouble with CPU spiking while writing to hard disk sometimes,
but I don't know if that's true or what to do about it except try upgrading to
OS X 10.4.x and see if it helps.

PT 7.0.1? Are you a beta tester for that?
Steve Jorgensen

wrote:

Has anyone here had good or bad experiences running PTLE 6.9 with OS X
10.2.8?

Thanks

Not quite, but I'm fighting with 7.0.1 on OS X 10.3.x on a Dual G5.

Logic works fine at very low latencies and lots of tracks and plugins, but
both Nuendo and Pro Tools 7.0.1 have dropouts coinciding with CPU spikes.
I've followed all the tips I can find, but nothing has helped, and I know I
don't have any extra processes running. I've found some articles saying that
OS X may have trouble with CPU spiking while writing to hard disk sometimes,
but I don't know if that's true or what to do about it except try upgrading to
OS X 10.4.x and see if it helps.

PT 7.0.1? Are you a beta tester for that?

Nope - I was confusing my Pro Tools version number with my Logic version
number. I'm running Pro Tools LE 6.7.something (.9 - I think).
Ty Ford

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 22:15:08 -0400, Steve Jorgensen wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

Has anyone here had good or bad experiences running PTLE 6.9 with OS X
10.2.8?

Thanks

Not quite, but I'm fighting with 7.0.1 on OS X 10.3.x on a Dual G5.

Logic works fine at very low latencies and lots of tracks and plugins, but
both Nuendo and Pro Tools 7.0.1 have dropouts coinciding with CPU spikes.
I've followed all the tips I can find, but nothing has helped, and I know I
don't have any extra processes running. I've found some articles saying that
OS X may have trouble with CPU spiking while writing to hard disk sometimes,
but I don't know if that's true or what to do about it except try upgrading

OS X 10.4.x and see if it helps.

Thanks for running interference out there Steve. There's a place in Heaven
for you.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Jay Kadis

Steve Jorgensen wrote:

[snip]

Logic works fine at very low latencies and lots of tracks and plugins, but
both Nuendo and Pro Tools 7.0.1 have dropouts coinciding with CPU spikes.
I've followed all the tips I can find, but nothing has helped, and I know I
don't have any extra processes running. I've found some articles saying that
OS X may have trouble with CPU spiking while writing to hard disk sometimes,
but I don't know if that's true or what to do about it except try upgrading to
OS X 10.4.x and see if it helps.

Hmmm. I've been seeing some CPU spikes with Logic 7.1 on an older dual 1.8GHz
G5 (OSX 10.3.2), but this is on playback. I haven't had a problem recording
(yet). No problems with PTLE 6.4, but I'm just doing editing with it. I'd like
to go to OS X 10.3.9 but I'll wait until the current projects are done.

-Jay
hank alrich

Ty Ford wrote:

Steve Jorgensen wrote:

"stillroasting" wrote:

Has anyone here had good or bad experiences running PTLE 6.9 with OS X
10.2.8?

Not quite, but I'm fighting with 7.0.1 on OS X 10.3.x on a Dual G5.

Logic works fine at very low latencies and lots of tracks and plugins,
but both Nuendo and Pro Tools 7.0.1 have dropouts coinciding with CPU
spikes. I've followed all the tips I can find, but nothing has helped,
and I know I don't have any extra processes running. I've found some
articles saying that OS X may have trouble with CPU spiking while
writing to hard disk sometimes, but I don't know if that's true or what
to do about it except try upgrading to OS X 10.4.x and see if it helps.

Thanks for running interference out there Steve. There's a place in Heaven
for you.

But first, he must get out of PT hell! g

--
ha