Posted to rec.audio.pro
votemiles votemiles is offline

Default Stand adaptors for Sony C38b

Hi there,

I bought a used Sony C38b which came without the stand adapters needed
to fit either US or European standard mic stands. Anyone know where I
can find the appropriate thread adapters for this mic? It sounds
really good btw. Really pillowy ribbonish kind of sound for a
condenser. Thanks.

Best,
Justin
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
votemiles wrote:
Hi there,

I bought a used Sony C38b which came without the stand adapters needed
to fit either US or European standard mic stands. Anyone know where I
can find the appropriate thread adapters for this mic? It sounds
really good btw. Really pillowy ribbonish kind of sound for a
condenser. Thanks.

The good news is Sony still makes it, and that the Sony Broadcast division
actually has decent customer service. Call the guys in Park Ridge and
they should be willing to sell you one. It's one of the parts that are
included with the mike, so the full Sony part number is listed in the manual
for the mike.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
votemiles votemiles is offline

Thanks Scott, unfortunately I live overseas. Sony service has
"forwarded" my email to the local distributor but typically, no
response from them as of yet. Useless.

Does anybody know if these will work with the C38b:

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/318791.html

Any help much appreciated.

Best,
Justin
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

votemiles wrote:

Does anybody know if these will work with the C38b:
[AES RCA "pipe thread" adapter]

Why not write to Wes Dooley (Mr. AEA) and ask him. He knows what
a C-38 is. You can reach him at StereoMS at aol

me he
)
Posted to rec.audio.pro

votemiles wrote:
Thanks Scott, unfortunately I live overseas. Sony service has
"forwarded" my email to the local distributor but typically, no
response from them as of yet. Useless.

Aha! Looking at your IP address, you're in Singapore. I would think that
the local Sony folks could help.

You don't want the service department, you want the sales folks, I think.
And you want the broadcast division only. Sony is a dozen different companies
that don't talk to one another and which all have different policies and
philosophies.

Try Thomas Wong at 6544 8719.

Does anybody know if these will work with the C38b:

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/318791.html

I don't think so, but you could ask Wes Dooley at AEA.

Also, of course, these things will take half an hour to make by hand, tops.
If you have a local machinist with a lathe he should be able to knock a couple
out very quickly.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
votemiles votemiles is offline

On Mar 25, 9:48*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
In article ,

votemiles wrote:
[...]

"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Thanks again Scott, I'll give Thomas a ring tomorrow. The seller
actually came through for me and went to a local machinist (he's in
China btw) to do up an adapter but I could always use an extra one for
my old Oktava ML16. Cheers!

Best,
Justin