Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default AES Convention Dinner

The AES convention in New York begins in a few weeks, over the Halloween
weekend. If you'd like an exhibits-plus pass, see
http://www.aes.org/events/139/vip.cfm?984

The annual Ampex User's Group/Pro-Audio/rec.audio.pro Gabe Wiener memorial
dinner is going to be held at Congee Village, 100 Allen st. down in Chinatown.
People will meet on Saturday at 6 pm at the end of the show in the
Josephson Engineering Booth, number 443. From this point we will find
diverse conveyance to the restaurant where we are expected between 6:30
and 7 pm.

The Ars Nova facility is booked solid, so Gabe's penthouse apartment is not
available to us this year. I tried looking for places in Koreatown relatively
near the Javits, but Kum Gang San is closed and the only other large scale
restaurant was unable to take a group of this size. ABC Restaurant in Chinatown
where we ate a few years ago closed up due to an increase in rent, so we
will be trying another Cantonese place nearby that came highly recommended.

All are invited if you are a member of any of these groups.