REVRICHARDSON

Default Need Help on a linear tracking turntable - Sony PSLX 55II

I recently bought a used Sony ps lx55ii linear tracking turntable, and
I'm having problems with the tracking part - the arm moves when I push
the movement button, but when I'm trying to play a record, it doesn't
move on it's own - it gets stuck in the very first 1/4 inch of the
record. Can anyone help me figure out how to lubricate the arm, or
loosen it, or just help me figure out what I should do here?

Any help or links would be appreciated - it is hooked up to a Sony
system, and I'm testing it on a brand new record. It's very
frustrating, because the the sound is awesome, but I want to hear
morethan the first half of the song.

Thanks in advance!
Justin
Mark D. Zacharias

In addition to possible lubrication problems, linear trackers often require
replacement of a smal belt which drives the arm. Rubber gets loose,
deteriorated, etc.

Mark Z.

"REVRICHARDSON" wrote in message
om...
I recently bought a used Sony ps lx55ii linear tracking turntable, and
I'm having problems with the tracking part - the arm moves when I push
the movement button, but when I'm trying to play a record, it doesn't
move on it's own - it gets stuck in the very first 1/4 inch of the
record. Can anyone help me figure out how to lubricate the arm, or
loosen it, or just help me figure out what I should do here?

Any help or links would be appreciated - it is hooked up to a Sony
system, and I'm testing it on a brand new record. It's very
frustrating, because the the sound is awesome, but I want to hear
morethan the first half of the song.

Thanks in advance!
Justin

poetie

Hi:
Have the same problem. Bought mine used, so no manual. Do you know where I
can find one? Have you fixed your prtoblem yet?