Posted to rec.audio.high-end
The One[_2_] The One[_2_] is offline

Default output mystery

recently tested a Mac 1700 receiver that I had serviced about 12-13
years ago,but never tested until a few days ago ( I have two others) .
One of the channels drops out at low amplitude , this happens until it
warms up for about 35 minutes (this problem has existed for decades and
defeated about seven servicings ) however my question is about the other
channel. It now completely distorts both Probe Jayde speakers , but
there isn't any distortion when used to power the STAX headphones. I've
tested with 3 receivers taken the headphones out of the system , changed
the wiring and channels. The Mac puts out about 50 watts/channel. the
Probe speakers will work with anything from 25 to 200 watts per the
specs. Any ideas as to why this happens, the techs I"ve talked to are
without any explanations ? SD
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Norman M. Schwartz Norman M. Schwartz is offline

The One wrote:
recently tested a Mac 1700 receiver that I had serviced about 12-13
years ago,but never tested until a few days ago ( I have two others) .
One of the channels drops out at low amplitude , this happens until it
warms up for about 35 minutes (this problem has existed for decades
and defeated about seven servicings ) however my question is about
the other channel. It now completely distorts both Probe Jayde
speakers , but there isn't any distortion when used to power the STAX
headphones. I've tested with 3 receivers taken the headphones out of
the system , changed the wiring and channels. The Mac puts out about
50 watts/channel. the Probe speakers will work with anything from 25
to 200 watts per the specs. Any ideas as to why this happens, the
techs I"ve talked to are without any explanations ? SD

Accepts PayPal with a 100% money back guarantee:
http://www.witchescorner.com/curse-removal.html

output transformer DC resistance mystery apa Pro Audio 48 March 21st 08 05:17 AM
mystery M-bus Wallace Car Audio 0 November 16th 06 06:56 PM
Mystery Tube Patrick Turner Vacuum Tubes 8 September 21st 05 02:24 PM
Mystery OPT Don Pearce Vacuum Tubes 9 August 7th 05 03:02 PM
A mystery to me Jon Yaeger Vacuum Tubes 5 September 15th 04 12:36 AM