Robert Drake

Default Alpine setup w/ PS2... Engine "whine".....

Hey folks, I've got a problem with engine "whine" coming through my
sound setup when the Playstation 2 is active and being used....

I have an Alpine CDA-7897 Head unit, connected via Ai-Net to a
KCA-801B which then connects to a CHA-1214 12 disc changer.

For screens, I have one TME-M760 in the front and 2 TME-M580's in the
rear. The 580's get their A/V feed from the LINK output on the 760
and the PS2's A/V plugs into the AUX3 inputs on the 760. I split the
audio out from the 760 to the KCA-801B, so audio goes to the head unit
AND to the rear screens. But now I hear the engine whine through the
AUX source on the HU.....

It's more related to the PS2, because if I unplug the PS2's A/V from
the 760, it doesnt happen. What causes this and what can I do to get
rid of it?

Only thing I can think of is the PS2's power isn't regulated. it gets
whatever the alternator is putting out.. Would the voltage spikes be
causing that? I do have a 12VDC-DC converter somewhere I could try...

Thanks!

- Mobster75!
Tha Ghee

"Robert Drake" wrote in message
om...
[...]

it sounds like the video cables of the PS2 are picking up noise, are the
power and video cables on opposite sides of the car??

Paul Vina

Even if they were it wouldn't matter. Almost everyone I know that's
installed a PS2 has had some noise issues to work out. What are you using
to power the PS2?

Paul Vina

"Tha Ghee" wrote in message
[...]

Tha Ghee

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
Even if they were it wouldn't matter. Almost everyone I know that's
installed a PS2 has had some noise issues to work out. What are you using
to power the PS2?

Paul Vina

this is very true if I was him/them I would put in a PSone less noise
problems or a Xbox.

For Sale - Sydney, Australia - Alpine Car Audio Matthew Car Audio 1 August 17th 04 11:00 PM
Engine Whine Bryan Jackson Car Audio 2 October 26th 03 06:07 PM
Alpine deck blew my subs! Indiglow Car Audio 9 August 16th 03 01:46 AM
Alpine F1 Setup - Anyone familar Alan Car Audio 2 July 29th 03 09:54 PM
Another engine whine problem Gordon Car Audio 0 July 9th 03 06:28 PM