Posted to rec.audio.tubes
harkonen harkonen is offline

Default Croatian Triode Festival 2012 Bjelovar 11-13.05.

On behalf of the Croatian DIY enthusiasts and audiophiles who love tube
amps, we invite you to the third triode festival to be held in the city of
Bjelovar
(Croatia, Europe), 11 to 13 May, 2012

If you are near or passing by, definitely come and visit us, take part with
your creations, exchange opinions and knowledge, and build new friendships.

Have fun and welcome!

For information and reservations, or any questions use e-mail address:

Our official website with more information about the festival:

www.triodefestival.com

A short video of the first Croatian triode festival 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpcCyqY2uIo

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

"harkonen"

On behalf of the Croatian DIY enthusiasts and audiophiles who love tube
amps, we invite you to the third triode festival to be held in the city of
Bjelovar
(Croatia, Europe), 11 to 13 May, 2012

A short video of the first Croatian triode festival 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpcCyqY2uIo

** Priceless - even if you don't speak a word of Croation.

..... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On May 3, 12:33*am, "Phil Allison" wrote:
"harkonen"

On behalf of the Croatian DIY enthusiasts and audiophiles who love tube
amps, we invite you to the third triode festival to be held in the city of
Bjelovar
(Croatia, Europe), 11 to 13 May, 2012

A short video of the first Croatian triode festival 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpcCyqY2uIo

** Priceless *- *even if you don't speak a word of Croation.

.... * Phil

I think its perhaps a blessing I don't speak a word of Croation,
perhaps if I'd understood, i'd be left speachless tryna smile.

But Phil, didja notice the wonderful filming technique and picture
fidelity? I can only imagine how fabulous Croation hi-fi must be.

I can't wait to zip over to Croatia to attend next year's festival.

I heard they had a sausage sizzle outside, nuthin lika bitta tukka
wenya outanabout, but I'll pass on all that blokes kissin blokes and
triode huggies etc.....

Patrick Turner.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
harkonen harkonen is offline

Unfortunately, from the first Croatian-TF we have only this video, more
photos on www.triodefestival.com
This year will be every hour to upload videos to youtube and much more, more
photos.
Too bad that such moments in life are not proper documented.

Mr. Patrick, you are invited each year to our TF, your work is follow with
interest by the Croatian DIY community, on
our www.diyaudio.com.hr forum, especially your detailed output transformer
calculations and some other interesting
solutions from your web site.....
Drazen

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
harkonen harkonen is offline

Triode Festival 2012 Croatia is over.
All are more than satisfied, this time with the most exhibitors and visitors
so far.
Some videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x67Re...feature=g-vrec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_aYX...eature=related

"harkonen" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
harkonen harkonen is offline

And some pics (next 20 pages on this diy forum)
http://diyaudio.com.hr/viewtopic.php...=221&start=390

Next year we expect even more visitors, all are invited!
Especially you, Mr. Turner :-)
harkonen

"harkonen" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

"harkonen" wrote in message
Unfortunately, from the first Croatian-TF we have only this video, more
photos onwww.triodefestival.com
This year will be every hour to upload videos to youtube and much more,
more photos.
Too bad that such moments in life are not proper documented.

Mr. Patrick, you are invited each year to our TF, your work is follow
with interest by the Croatian DIY community, on
ourwww.diyaudio.com.hrforum, especially your detailed output
transformer calculations and some other interesting
solutions from your web site.....
Drazen

Well, I am flattered that you ask me to attend your wonderful
festival. In a world of turmoil, what could be better than a few more
festivals? Especially with a benign common interest such as triodes.

But probably the air fare to Crotatia and back is a little too much at
this point in my life. Cycling over land and catching tramp steamers
might cost about the same, except the red tape and hooligans could
spoil such an adventure, not to mention the large number of impatient
motorists. Of course such a trip might be a "bus driver's holiday"
because I'd have to explain my pages on OPT design, and lemme tellya,
that would not be easy, if experience with more local enthusiastic
audio talent is anything to go by. :-)

Probably, as years go by, as ageing authors do, I'll forget what I
wrote, but I hope there are so many years that I needn't worry. I am
still adding pages to my site at a glacial pace though. Probably, the
best thing a man can learn is how to forget the worst things about
being 30, but remember the best things, a small list surely, and then
allow a little more time to get them done, even though time must
eventually run out.

A good doctor told my mother recently, "Now Mrs Turner, what you
should do is work out exactly what you'd like to spend now, and then
you can take all the rest with you later". My mum was not
amused. :-)

But look, One does have to think about money, and STUFF which mounts
up around the joint. I decided to give away whatever I thought about
farnarkling with tubes now, and hopefully, I'll not have to take a
single thought upstairs with me later. I kinda think that if I did
turn up in some afterlife ( which I doubt exists, and I doubt there is
any reason why anything supernatural should exist, ) then The God Of
Triodes who is now aged about 129, ( he was a young whippersnapper God
of 20 in 1903, ) might have begun to go a bit senile, but I reckon if
I take a triode with me and plug it in up there he'll get a new lease
on life, and with luck he'll offer me a tube of Vitamin F, ( a can of
Fosters beer to you guys ).......

Patrick Turner.

[...]

Patrick Turner.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
MarkS MarkS is offline

snip

( a can of
Fosters beer to you guys ).......

Patrick Turner.

Ah yes, real Australian Foster's. We do not get that in the states anymore,
ours now comes from Canada and while decent, its not the same as those steel
25oz "Oil Cans" from down unda!

A festival for Triodes? What to say other than its good to see Toobs still
drawing enough interest out there to have such an event.

Mark

snip

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On May 23, 6:53*pm, "MarkS" wrote:
snip

( a can of
Fosters beer to you guys ).......
Patrick Turner.

Ah yes, real Australian Foster's. We do not get that in the states anymore,
ours now comes from Canada and while decent, its not the same as those steel
25oz "Oil Cans" from down unda!

A festival for Triodes? What to say other than its good to see Toobs still
drawing enough interest out there to have such an event.

Mark

In various parts of the world there are get-togethers for those
interested in WW2 planes, steam operated farm equipment and steam
trains, not to mention quilt making, and horse and buggy shows.

The past glories of retro gear are a reminder of the cleverness of our
ancestors, with their small amount of knowledge. But with tubes,
extremely good sounding audio can be enjoyed for moderate outlay of
dollars and time. But if you build a buggy, and hitch up a horse, then
you have all the terrible problems of real horse power, and where you
can "go for a jaunt". But of course a bicycle is so much easier, one
can go back to 1880 and stay there.

Someone said once in about 1890, about the street outside, " Gees man,
we gotta move forward with motor cars because wer'e knee-deep in horse
****.." Then an older wize curmudgeon remarked "Well, all very well,
but humanity will still be shoulder deep in bull****."

And so it is, we get rid of the horse, a very much abused poor critter
and we then get addicted to having hundreds of horses under a bonnet -
and unbearable traffic jams and huge expenses.

And anyone who says lets have an electric train instead gets hounded
down, because what ppl fear most is travelling alongside other members
of the public who fart, snort, smoke, and are fulla germs, threats,
look ugly, unwashed, smell, and who are socially, racially incorrect,
obnoxious and inferior. Society - horses = mob of snobs.

But tubes allow the enjoyment of music, and a venue of common
interest, hence festivals, unless of course one is unhealthily hooked
on tubes, and become a neurotic audiophile who nervously sits in cool
lounge room alone, listening to each electron's progress, and even
sometimes to the music.

Patrick Turner.

snip