Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] FreshPepper@gmail.com is offline

Default Amps behind plexi - do the amps overheat?

I am building a new enclosure for my subs & amps. I've seen lots of
people put their amps behind what appears to be lucite or
plexiglass.

Looks nice, but how do they cool those amps?

Are there 12v fans with vents that I don't see? Don't those amps
overheat if they are enclosed?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Member02[_27_] Member02[_27_] is offline

I've never had any problems with my old Revolution 1500.1D amp under
plexiglass with no air circulation, But I got paranoid anyhow and added
two miniture computer fans that ran silently at 12volts, only cost an
extra ~$20

I If you have an expensive amp, no harm in adding the fan for security.

--
Member02
Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Member02 wrote:
I've never had any problems with my old Revolution 1500.1D amp under
plexiglass with no air circulation, But I got paranoid anyhow and added
two miniture computer fans that ran silently at 12volts, only cost an
extra ~$20

I If you have an expensive amp, no harm in adding the fan for security.

Yeah, doesn't usually take much in a tight space like that. Don't need
to blow massive amounts of air across the amp, just need to keep the air
flowing through the enclosed area.