merc

Default Running a sub at 8 ohms?

I am setting up my new install and the sub(JL 8W3v2) I have has dual 4 ohm
voice coils. I had planned on running the sub, wired in parallel, at 2 ohms
total, but after reading my amps manual, I see that bridged channels are
only recommended on 4 or 8 ohm loads.

If I run my sub at 8 ohms, the amp is rated at 240w into that load, which
should be plenty for my application.

Is there a reason to NOT run my sub at 8 ohms by wiring my dual voice coils
in series?

Thanks.

SkinnyBoy

its fine... amp will run cooler, and its probably still plenty o
power..
--
SkinnyBo
SkinnyBoy's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...hp?userid=2138

merc

Thanks!

"SkinnyBoy" wrote in message
s.com...
its fine... amp will run cooler, and its probably still plenty of
power...
--
SkinnyBoy
SkinnyBoy's Profile: