Tamango

Default sub location question

Hi to everybody from Spain, I´m following this group since a while and I
like it very much, and as it seems you treat very well newbie questions her
is mine:

I almost got a jl audio 10w3v2 sub on sealed small enclosure and ma audio
hk1997 mono amp (1x600W 4 Ohm RMS)

Im planning a sub system for my bmw 5 series´91 and have been told that the
trunk is very well isolated so, if I put the sub enclosure just in the trunk
I wont be able to hear it well, but as the car has a skisack opening (in the
middle armchair of the back seat, I´m wondering if it would be the best to
put the sub enclosure in the trunk pointing inside the car through the
skisack hole.

for me this is, in logical terms, this is the best way I can put it, but
reading the posts since a while logical sometime has not always the truth as
it has the experience and technical knowledge, so please help me out.
Ive just bougt the components so I cant test them yet, maybe you have
another option for me in terms of box desing etc.

another question is if I need a farad capacitor for the system, I got the
amp above and another ma audio hk597 (4 x 200W RMS @ 4 Ohm Stereo) for the
mids and twets, can I fit only one cap for both amps? how should the wiring
be made? please recommend me a good but cheap cap. :-)

thanks in advance for your answers, please forgive my English
and best regards from a sunny but cold Spain

javier

Paul Vina

Hello Javier,

You can certainly use the ski hole to get the output into the car. I've
done this in the past and it works great.
The BMW 5-Series cars have pretty healthy alternators so you shouldn't need
a capacitor in your system.

Paul Vina