Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tube747

Default Question about Low DCR power transformer for filament supply

Hello RATS!
I am looking for a low DCR power transformer for filament supply of rectifier
tube because some one told me that the low DCR power transformer the better
regulation it is.

I want to use the 6D22S rectifier tube (2 for full wave rectification).
Therefore, the power transformer for the filament of this tube is going to be
6.3V 4A, will it be ok?

Each 6D22S with the heater spec. 6.3V 0.9A.

Also, if I order a power transformer which has a lowest possible DCR on the
secondary winding with centre tap and lowest possible ACR on the primary
winding, will it be damage the tube (6D22S)?

I saw a transformer like that from my friend's place for the 6D22S which look
like a 300VA transformer and quite heavy as a filament transformer for only
6.3V @ 4A. Any problem if using such as transformer with the rectifier tube
like 6D22S?

Thanks!