Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] palli...@gmail.com is offline

Default Who likes buskers ?

Hi,

generally speaking, I am not all that fond of them.

Had a few as customers, clearly better than dealing with DJs.

The guy in this vid is however on another level, talent wise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHQRBm6dAdQ

He has heaps of other short vids, with all kind of playing styles.

...... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris K-Man Chris K-Man is offline

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 5:01:32 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi,

generally speaking, I am not all that fond of them.

Had a few as customers, clearly better than dealing with DJs.

The guy in this vid is however on another level, talent wise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHQRBm6dAdQ

He has heaps of other short vids, with all kind of playing styles.

..... Phil

_______
Who likes a more straight-forward name for them.. like STREET MUSICIANS?
"Busker" sounds like something used to clean upholstery!

(The one polymod linked to is quite good!)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"Chris K-Man" wrote in message

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 5:01:32 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi,

generally speaking, I am not all that fond of them.

Had a few as customers, clearly better than dealing with DJs.

The guy in this vid is however on another level, talent wise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHQRBm6dAdQ

He has heaps of other short vids, with all kind of playing styles.

..... Phil

_______
Who likes a more straight-forward name for them.. like STREET
MUSICIANS?
"Busker" sounds like something used to clean upholstery!

(The one polymod linked to is quite good!)

I provided no links in my reply. Only link here is from the original poster.

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 26/01/2021 16:59, polymod wrote:

I provided no links in my reply. Only link here is from the original
poster.

Bear in mind you are responding to one who has repeatedly proven here
that he, she or it has limited comprehension of either the music
business or how the internet actually works.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 26/01/2021 11:01 pm, wrote:
Hi,

generally speaking, I am not all that fond of them.

Had a few as customers, clearly better than dealing with DJs.

The guy in this vid is however on another level, talent wise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHQRBm6dAdQ

He has heaps of other short vids, with all kind of playing styles.

..... Phil

Try this one. Starts off flamenco(ish) style. Or is it just 'too many
notes' ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLJHX5yaumA

*** The link is a Youtube video of a busker at Oxford Circus tube,
London. Just in case anybody is dubious about clicking on what is
clearly a Youtube URL. And if you don't want to, just don't.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"John Williamson" wrote in message ...

On 26/01/2021 16:59, polymod wrote:

I provided no links in my reply. Only link here is from the original
poster.

Bear in mind you are responding to one who has repeatedly proven here
that he, she or it has limited comprehension of either the music
business or how the internet actually works.

Being in business for as long as I have taught me a degree of tolerance.
My wife may disagree ;-)

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 12:12:19 PM UTC-5, John Williamson wrote:
On 26/01/2021 16:59, polymod wrote:

I provided no links in my reply. Only link here is from the original
poster.

Bear in mind you are responding to one who has repeatedly proven here
that he, she or it has limited comprehension of either the music
business or how the internet actually works.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

______
The one that palli...gnail.com posted the link to, ok?

Just be glad your comprehension wasn't stripped away before and after your birth as mine was, alright? It wasn't my fault that I am this way. Have some compassion.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

Theckkkkhha-maaaah crapped in his pants in message

Who likes a more straight-forward name for them.. like STREET
MUSICIANS?

Who likes a more straightforward name for you? Retarded dumb-**** troll.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] palli...@gmail.com is offline

Phil Allison ....
--------------------

Had a few as customers, clearly better than dealing with DJs.

** This vid shows Paul & daughter Rosie Meader busking in Sydney in 2014.
They live a few suburbs away from me and are customers of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0jf5boC_1o

I kid you not, Rosie is just barely 14 years old here.
Think maybe she has got something......

Her elder brother Joshua plays jazz guitar at a professional standard.

Dad was in a well know band years ago - playing drums.

...... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 01:32:52 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Phil Allison ....
--------------------

Had a few as customers, clearly better than dealing with DJs.

** This vid shows Paul & daughter Rosie Meader busking in Sydney in 2014.
They live a few suburbs away from me and are customers of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0jf5boC_1o

I kid you not, Rosie is just barely 14 years old here.
Think maybe she has got something......

Her elder brother Joshua plays jazz guitar at a professional standard.

Dad was in a well know band years ago - playing drums.

..... Phil

Typical stage school kid - a bit too pleased with herself. Her vocals
are no better than average, falling flat in the upper registers. As
for her apparent age - she is tall, but then the Dutch are currently
the tallest race on earth, so no great surprise.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] palli...@gmail.com is offline

Dumb Pearce wrote:

==================.

Typical stage school kid .....

** Yawnnnnnn....

Another typical arsehole reply from a know nothing, bull****ting pommy pig.

Oink, oink.

...... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 27/01/2021 21:28, wrote:
Dumb Pearce wrote:

==================.

Typical stage school kid .....

** Yawnnnnnn....

Another typical arsehole reply from a know nothing, bull****ting pommy pig.

Oink, oink.

..... Phil

If she had been singing in tune and on the beat, it would have helped,
as would having better diction. Apart from that, I hope she's taken
lessons and improved. The guitars were in tune.

Maybe you like her, or maybe you're just trolling as usual. I cringing
with embarrassment for her and clicked away after the first phrase in
the first verse, so maybe the ending was better?

Still, at least she was brave enough to give it a try.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

John Williamson Pompous Asshole wrote:
==================================

If she had been singing in tune and on the beat, it would have helped,
as would having better diction. Apart from that, I hope she's taken
lessons and improved. The guitars were in tune.

** Sooo - being precisely 'in tune" is everything to you ?

What a pathetic excuse for a * bull**** artist * you are.

Maybe you like her,

** Never met the gal. Only her dad and elder brother.

or maybe you're just trolling as usual.

** I have never *trolled* - not once, not in my entire life.

OTOH have you ever done anything else ?
Are you capable of anything else ???
FYI: Rhetorical question....

I cringing with embarrassment for her and clicked away after the first phrase in
the first verse,

** How fair minded you are - bout as fair minded as a ****ing Nazi.
You have *no ****ing idea* about what actually matters in a performance.
Or anywhere else , in any other respect.

BTW:

You and Don ought to get married - and **** each up your respective asses.

....... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 28/01/2021 11:09, wrote:
John Williamson Pompous Asshole wrote:
==================================

If she had been singing in tune and on the beat, it would have helped,
as would having better diction. Apart from that, I hope she's taken
lessons and improved. The guitars were in tune.

** Sooo - being precisely 'in tune" is everything to you ?

Being precisely in tune is not *everything*, but if she hits a note,
it's probably by accident.

or maybe you're just trolling as usual.

** I have never *trolled* - not once, not in my entire life.

ROFLMAO.
OTOH have you ever done anything else ?
Are you capable of anything else ???
FYI: Rhetorical question....

Ah, I get it. Disagreeing with the almighty Phil Allison is trolling.
Him acting like a prat is not. Got it.

I cringing with embarrassment for her and clicked away after the first phrase in
the first verse,

** How fair minded you are - bout as fair minded as a ****ing Nazi.
You have *no ****ing idea* about what actually matters in a performance.
Or anywhere else , in any other respect.

So, out of tune, off the beat and slurred diction are your idea of a
good performance? Otherwise, why post the link?

All the musicians I have worked with value in tune, on the beat and
words you can understand.

If you weren't so tragic, you'd be hilarious.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 11:28:02 +0000, John Williamson
wrote:

On 28/01/2021 11:09, wrote:
[...]

Did you notice the way he said "she is just barely 14 years old"? You
could practically hear him dribbling. We all know what the actual
agenda is, and it is nothing to do with singing.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] palli...@gmail.com is offline

John Williamson is a vile ****

** Sooo - being precisely 'in tune" is everything to you ?

Being precisely in tune is not *everything*,

** So why make out it is ??

** I have never *trolled* - not once, not in my entire life.

ROFLMAO.

** Go **** your mother - one more time.

FYI:
I am dead serious about every word I post.

So, out of tune, off the beat and slurred diction are your idea of a
good performance?

** Not one bit true.

Otherwise, why post the link?

** Cos they are buskers and happen to be customers.
Did you actually read the topic heading ???
Can you read at all ??

All the musicians I have worked with value in tune, on the beat and
words you can understand.

** None of whom matter a **** - just like you.

Don is waiting for you, his arse is smelly & wet so you are gonna like it.

...... Phil
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 28/01/2021 12:50, wrote:
A load of tripe.
..... Phil

Please, for all our sakes, go and take your medicine, this is getting
boring.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 29/01/2021 12:09 am, wrote:

BTW:

You and Don ought to get married - and **** each up your respective asses.

Can I enter their threesome - I thought it was pretty mediocre too.

geoff