Posted to alt.audio.theatre-sound,rec.audio.tech
M.A.H. M.A.H. is offline

Default PSB Subwoofer repair

Wanting to know if anyone here has tried to repair the amp section of a PSB
Subsonic 7 powered sub.

Mine has died after about 3 years. Was hoping it was merely the fuse, but
no such luck. PSB wants almost $700 for the amp section, as they don't
repair these.

I've actually removed the amp, and it's wholly contained on one board. I
was hoping that the amp section was comparable to any number of amplifiers,
so that I could replace a defective part, rather than the whole amp.

This is a pretty potent amp, and I can't believe that it was overdriven.

I could very well be stuck with a complete replacement, but I wanted to get
some informed opinions from here first.

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

Michael H.

Posted to alt.audio.theatre-sound,rec.audio.tech
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"M.A.H." wrote in message
nk.net...
Wanting to know if anyone here has tried to repair the amp section of a
PSB Subsonic 7 powered sub.

Mine has died after about 3 years. Was hoping it was merely the fuse, but
no such luck. PSB wants almost $700 for the amp section, as they don't
repair these.

I've actually removed the amp, and it's wholly contained on one board. I
was hoping that the amp section was comparable to any number of
amplifiers, so that I could replace a defective part, rather than the
whole amp.

This is a pretty potent amp, and I can't believe that it was overdriven.

I could very well be stuck with a complete replacement, but I wanted to
get some informed opinions from here first.

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

You can buy replacement amps from Parts eXpress. Don't have to replace the
whole sub.

Infinity Active Subwoofer Repair Help [email protected] Tech 1 September 16th 06 10:06 PM
rec.audio.car FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (caution, this is HUGE) MOSFET Car Audio 0 June 18th 06 05:27 AM
Note to Trevor Audio Opinions 9 November 7th 05 08:45 AM
Subwoofer hum: is it my receiver? Brian Tech 60 February 20th 04 09:11 PM
Main speakers with builtin subwoofer - How to configure receiver? Michael Harder Audio Opinions 0 October 28th 03 11:18 PM