csgardner

Default Amp overheating?

I just recently moved my amp to a different location in my trunk because
I rebuilt my box for more space. Ever since then I keep getting a
whinning sound and sometimes distortion. This never happened before and
I have not changed the wiring at all, just moved my amp. Is it possible
that my amp overheating is what is causing this? Thanks
--
csgardner
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=156018

Sanitarium

Sounds to me like you have relocated the amp and re-routed the RCA
cables into an EMI/RFI intense location in the trunk. Do you still get
the whine with the RCA cables dis-connected, and system powered up? If
the whine stops then you are most likely picking up the whine through
your RCA cables. What happens when you move the amp to a different
location?

I had this problem once using low grade RCAs. Run the cables near the
amps power cables and I get whine. re-route the cables farther away and
the whine would somewhat diminish. Switched to monster cables and I
have no problems running RCAs near power cables.

Garrett