Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default The New Faces Of Day Labor, And A Short Veteran’s Day Story

The New Faces Of Day Labor, And A Short Veteran’s Day Story

[Rob Sanchez]

"The Las Vegas Sun published an article that is stirring a lot of interest. In addition to telling a Veteran’s Day story this newsletter will explain why the article is mostly sensationalism

According to that article, the economy is so bad that U.S. citizens
are joining illegal aliens at day labor centers in order to find some
temporary work. It sounded fishy to me so I decided to ask an expert
on the day labor centers in the Phoenix metro area. Nobody would know
better than Buffalo Rick Galeener because he has spent many years
observing day labor sites — and writing down license numbers of people
who pick up the laborers. He has done vigils of the centers daily
starting early in the morning and lasting nearly all day, and he has
done it for months at a time.

To see a short video clip with Buffalo go he

Buffalo told me that in all the years he has observed day labor
centers he has only seen 2 or 3 white guys try to find work at them.
In each case they were chased away by militant community organizers
like Salvador Reza.

To see a short animated video clip of Salvador Reza go here.

So, based on Buffalo’s information which I consider very reliable and
credible, this article is mostly bunk. Of course there is always the
possibility that the Phoenix economy is so much better than Las Vegas
that white guys aren’t yet desperate to resort to standing on street
corners to look for work.

There are a few other things about the Las Vegas article that bug me
besides the fact that most of it is probably not true. This brainless
attack on Lou Dobbs does have one ounce of truth — if Americans do
start showing up at day labor centers, expect conflict — and riots.
The militant Hispanics that run the labor centers are racist and
hostile and that will add up to a witches brew of trouble as these
groups clash with each.

If the numbers of citizens among the day laborers in cities across
the country continue to grow, it’s likely to increase the ire of
followers of TV host Lou Dobbs and others who will see illegal
immigrants as stealing food off the tables of the nation’s native-born
or naturalized poor. Workers at all the sites said the presence of the
americanos hasn’t made work scarcer or produced any conflict.[ The new
faces of day labor U.S. citizens are joining immigrants in store
parking lots By Timothy Pratt, November 2, 2009 ]

The following blooper is really funny if you stop to think about it.
Buchanan, a white guy, couldn’t get work at the day labor center — but
he did get a sunburn. Eventually he got work, but only because his
skin was probably dark enough to pass as a Mexican. He probably
started wearing a straw hat and learned some Spanish also.

One July day, Buchanan gave it a try. At first, he got nothing but
sunburn. But then he started to get work. Now he’s at the Home Depot
six days most weeks.

This last one seems very racist, and explains why white guys probably
shouldn’t bother showing up at the day labor centers until their
numbers are large enough to defend themselves. If you have any doubts
about how the U.S. is becoming Balkanized, this should clue you in.

Workers at all the sites said the presence of the americanos
hasn’t made work scarcer or produced any conflict. Some suggested that
people hiring day laborers prefer Hispanics anyway, because of their
reputation as hard workers.

SHORT VETERAN’S DAY STORY

Since it’s Veteran’s Day, let me diverge to tell all a little more
about Buffalo Rick Galeener, who I consider to be a real life hero and
patriot. Buffalo Rick is a Vietnam War Veteran that served the Navy on
the USS Enterprise. They call themselves the “blue water navy” because
our government arbitrarily decided not to treat them for health
problems they suffered as a result of Agent Orange exposure. If you
are wondering about how nationalized health care works, Buffalo could
tell ya!

More about Buffalo’s activism on the Agent Orange issue .

Galeener said his battle against the adverse heath effects of the
toxin has been made difficult by a recently enacted policy that
precludes veterans who were not in a combat zone when they were
exposed to Agent Orange from receiving long-term heath care.

“If your boots never hit the ground, not only will you not be
compensated for Agent Orange but they won’t even recognize you,”
Galeener said during a ceremony honoring the veterans. “They will
treat your cancer and then they’ll cut you loose.”

These war vets are denied a lot of other compensation benefits but
this one is one of the toughest to swallow:

Because the Department of Defense has determined those wounded by
Agent Orange do not qualify for The Purple Heart, the Order of Silver
Rose is instead awarded to recognize the courage and heroism of
veterans."

http://blog.vdare.com/archives/2009/...ort-war-story/
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Nov 12, 5:53*am, Bret L wrote:
The New Faces Of Day Labor, And A Short Veteran’s Day Story

I was going to tell you a short veteran's night story but your long
and unintelligent cut-and-paste put me to sleep.

Again. LoL.

Valley Navy Veteran Receives Silver Star [email protected] Audio Opinions 0 June 2nd 09 07:48 AM
Zimbabwe faces water and cholera crisis BretLudwig Audio Opinions 0 December 3rd 08 04:39 AM
Small Faces, Here Come The Nice, Final Chord HKC Pro Audio 5 April 4th 08 08:38 PM
Hidden Faces Sean Scott Car Audio 9 March 5th 05 06:00 AM
Nice to see some old familiar faces Paul Gustafson Vacuum Tubes 0 September 26th 03 05:51 PM