Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jason[_15_] Jason[_15_] is offline

Default Mic noise - recent thread

I thought the discussion of noise sources was
very interesting. Everything should happen at [almost]
Absolute Zero for best results.

From out of left field, a friend sent me a note about this that
may be of faint interest. Rearch from U of Michigan.

https://lightcommands.com/

Mics in mobile phones are MEMS devices - mostly tiny condensers.
It turns out that smacking them hard enough with a modulated
laser beam can activate them. Yet another reason to beware of the
I.O.T... Alexa?