JMNYC

Default Technics 1200MKII Dimming Lamps

The red strobe and pop-up lamp are slightly dim at all times. (about
25% dimmer than my other 1200 which was recently serviced). Most
features of the deck work fine, but when the speed is changed, or
pitch adjusted, or the 'start/stop' button is pressed, these two lamps
dim more than 50% for about 1 second.
Why is this happening?
Should I reserve a plot in the SL1200 Cemetery, or can preventive
maintenence be done?
Any advice is very appreciated.
Regards,
-John in NYC
Sofie

JMNYCL
What may be needed is a repair of the faulty circuitry and replacement of
failed components......
More than likely there are power supply faults and/or worn microswitches
that are causing the symptoms that you reported.
At the very least you might TAKE your fine 1200MKII to a service shop for a
repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with
facts.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie