Chi

Default capacitor + parallel wiring question?

I've played with capacitors in trying to make a 6db/octave hi-pass
before, but I've got a question:

I'm thinking about wiring a 6ohm tweeter with some other kind of
mid/bass speaker (not sure 4, 6 or 8ohm) but my question is how to
choose the right capacitor for a parallel circuit.

ex:

(amp) ------ (cap) ---- (6ohm tweeter)
\_____(cap) ______(6ohm mid/bass)

do I calculate the cap based on the ohm rating for the speaker (6ohm)
or the total parallel circuit (3ohm)?

thanks

Chi
MZ

(amp) ------ (cap) ---- (6ohm tweeter)
\_____(cap) ______(6ohm mid/bass)

You don't want to low-pass the midbass?

do I calculate the cap based on the ohm rating for the speaker (6ohm)
or the total parallel circuit (3ohm)?

The speaker's impedance at or around the cutoff frequency.

Chi

"MZ" wrote in message ...
(amp) ------ (cap) ---- (6ohm tweeter)
\_____(cap) ______(6ohm mid/bass)

You don't want to low-pass the midbass?

do I calculate the cap based on the ohm rating for the speaker (6ohm)
or the total parallel circuit (3ohm)?

The speaker's impedance at or around the cutoff frequency.

I figure I'd use the crossover on my amp (usacoustic 4065) to set the
high pass both speakers and..... oops, my diagram has a high pass for
the mid/bass but I MEANT to put a low pass on it..

thanks for the answer!

Chi