Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default J&R Music World

Now selling LPs.

I've only been there once (I've only been to NYC twice). I found it by
accident when I went to see the WTC site. We toured St. Paul's Chapel
(an AMAZING place across the street from Ground Zero that ministered to
fire fighters, police, construction workers, etc. with counseling and
prayer, massage, meals, beds, etc. around the clock for 8 months. It's
the oldest active building in continuous use in Manhattan. George
Washington regularly worshiped there). When we stepped out the back
door of the church, I saw the sign for the store. I had seen the ads
for years, and was really happy to visit, finally. It's a great CD
store; one of the best I've ever seen.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"Soundhaspriority" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
Now selling LPs.

I've only been there once (I've only been to NYC twice). I found it by
accident when I went to see the WTC site. We toured St. Paul's Chapel
(an AMAZING place across the street from Ground Zero that ministered to
fire fighters, police, construction workers, etc. with counseling and
prayer, massage, meals, beds, etc. around the clock for 8 months. It's
the oldest active building in continuous use in Manhattan. George
Washington regularly worshiped there). When we stepped out the back
door of the church, I saw the sign for the store. I had seen the ads
for years, and was really happy to visit, finally. It's a great CD
store; one of the best I've ever seen.

Did you make it to B&H ? It's a recordist's Mecca, run by orthodox Hassidic
Jews.

Bob Morein
(310) 237-6511

Nope. I really didn't have time or intention to do anything regarding
audio or recordings (saving that for the next trip!)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"Soundhaspriority" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
"Soundhaspriority" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
[...]

It is the WORLD'S LARGEST A/V sto http://www.bhphotovideo.com/. Whether
you want a $50K hidef cam or a mike clip, you can get it there. The floor
people come in two flavors:

1. Talmudic scholars. Recognizable by yamicas and tzetes. Suffice it to say
that their intelligence is vastly in excess of what's required to run a
register. I think that working there is part of the culture of the rather
insular Hasid community.

2. Working professionals in their fields. Many of them are multilingual; I
knew a guy in the lighting department who spoke four languages. You ask a
question, you get professional advice.

The final surprise is when you need something special, and you talk to the
buyer, and he really knows his stuff. Same for the returns department.

They used to claim they carried 700,000 items; now they say, 198,000. I can
rarely resist a visit if I'm in town and I have the time.

Bob Morein
(310) 237-6511

Cool, thanks!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 13 Iul, 11:33, Jenn wrote:
Now selling LPs. *

I've only been there once (I've only been to NYC twice). *I found it by
accident when I went to see the WTC site. *We toured St. Paul's Chapel
(an AMAZING place across the street from Ground Zero that ministered to
fire fighters, police, construction workers, etc. with counseling and
prayer, massage, meals, beds, etc. around the clock for 8 months. *It's
the oldest active building in continuous use in Manhattan. *George
Washington regularly worshiped there). *When we stepped out the back
door of the church, I saw the sign for the store. *I had seen the ads
for years, and was really happy to visit, finally. *It's a great CD
store; one of the best I've ever seen.

I just picked up the new Drive By truckers LP at BORDERS yesterday!!!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Clyde Slick said:

I just picked up the new Drive By truckers LP at BORDERS yesterday!!!

How many lev did it run you?

Speaking of out-there music, Arnii Krybaby's favorite movie is going live on
Broadway.
http://tinyurl.com/5586vr

You should pre-order the soundtrack for him.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On 13 Iul, 11:33, Jenn wrote:
Now selling LPs. *

I've only been there once (I've only been to NYC twice). *I found it by
accident when I went to see the WTC site. *We toured St. Paul's Chapel
(an AMAZING place across the street from Ground Zero that ministered to
fire fighters, police, construction workers, etc. with counseling and
prayer, massage, meals, beds, etc. around the clock for 8 months. *It's
the oldest active building in continuous use in Manhattan. *George
Washington regularly worshiped there). *When we stepped out the back
door of the church, I saw the sign for the store. *I had seen the ads
for years, and was really happy to visit, finally. *It's a great CD
store; one of the best I've ever seen.

I just picked up the new Drive By truckers LP at BORDERS yesterday!!!

Wow! How is the music section at that Borders in general? All of them
in SoCal that I've seen are shrinking.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
RapidRonnie RapidRonnie is offline

On Jul 13, 11:26 am, "Soundhaspriority" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in message

"Soundhaspriority" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
[...]

You have been reading that Steve Sailer guy too much.