Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Default news story, five best backing bands

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25520460/

that list is bogus!!!
How could they leave some of the following bands off the list??

My list is this (only one band in agreement with their top 5)

2 Booker T and the MG's (Wilson Pickett, Albert King, Aretha Franklin,
et al)
3 The Band (Bob Dylan)
4 The JB's (James Brown)
5 The Section (James Taylor, Jackson Browne)
6 The Icebreakers (Albert Collins)
7 The Heartbreakers (Tom Petty)
8 The Goners (John Hiatt)
9 The Red Hot Band (Clifton Chenier, Jr.)
10 The Mothers of Invention (Frank Zappa)

AND NUMBER ONE, THE BEST,Well, they are blues, not rock
(neither are the Icebreakers) and they never really
had a set name for themselves and they
changed members form time to time, but
Muddy Waters' Band was the best backups of all

Hubert Sumlin
Sam Lay
Willie Dixon
Memphis Slim
Pinetop Perkins
Little Walter
Fred Below
and others
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 8 Iul, 00:49, "ScottW" wrote:
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25520460/

that list is bogus!!!
How could they leave some of the following bands off the list??

My list is this (only one band in agreement with their top 5)

I'm going with MSNBC and Crazyhorse on the list.

There was a show on TV the other night on Tom Petty and
his different bands. I only caught part of it on the transition
from Hearbreakers to solo to the Wilbury's.
Looked like a great show.

ScottW

i just tivo'd 2 different Petty vids
a 2003 concert and a 2008 concert, haven't watched them yet
probably its not what you are talking about.

anyway, I left the Motown backup band off the list, they should be
somewhere
on the list

and James Brown band, weren't they called the Flames?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25520460/

that list is bogus!!!
How could they leave some of the following bands off the list??

My list is this (only one band in agreement with their top 5)

2 Booker T and the MG's (Wilson Pickett, Albert King, Aretha Franklin,
et al)
3 The Band (Bob Dylan)
4 The JB's (James Brown)
5 The Section (James Taylor, Jackson Browne)
6 The Icebreakers (Albert Collins)
7 The Heartbreakers (Tom Petty)
8 The Goners (John Hiatt)
9 The Red Hot Band (Clifton Chenier, Jr.)
10 The Mothers of Invention (Frank Zappa)

The Wrecking Crew, Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section, the Fireballs.

Stephen

AND NUMBER ONE, THE BEST,Well, they are blues, not rock
(neither are the Icebreakers) and they never really
had a set name for themselves and they
changed members form time to time, but
Muddy Waters' Band was the best backups of all

Hubert Sumlin
Sam Lay
Willie Dixon
Memphis Slim
Pinetop Perkins
Little Walter
Fred Below
and others

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On 8 Iul, 00:49, "ScottW" wrote:
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25520460/

that list is bogus!!!
How could they leave some of the following bands off the list??

My list is this (only one band in agreement with their top 5)

I'm going with MSNBC and Crazyhorse on the list.

There was a show on TV the other night on Tom Petty and
his different bands. I only caught part of it on the transition
from Hearbreakers to solo to the Wilbury's.
Looked like a great show.

ScottW

i just tivo'd 2 different Petty vids
a 2003 concert and a 2008 concert, haven't watched them yet
probably its not what you are talking about.

anyway, I left the Motown backup band off the list, they should be
somewhere on the list

and James Brown band, weren't they called the Flames?

He had two bands: the Fabulous Flames and the JBs.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

and James Brown band, weren't they called the Flames?

He had two bands: the Fabulous Flames and the JBs.

Excuse me, but Saint Arnii has intoned his holy imprecations against talking
about musos and what they do. You two are on notice for potential retribution
from On High.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 8 Iul, 23:28, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25520460/

that list is bogus!!!
How could they leave some of the following bands off the list??

My list is this (only one band in agreement with their top 5)

2 Booker T and the MG's (Wilson Pickett, Albert King, Aretha Franklin,
et al)
3 The Band (Bob Dylan)
4 The JB's (James Brown)
5 The Section (James Taylor, Jackson Browne)
6 The Icebreakers (Albert Collins)
7 The Heartbreakers (Tom Petty)
8 The Goners (John Hiatt)
9 The Red Hot Band (Clifton Chenier, Jr.)
10 The Mothers of Invention (Frank Zappa)

The Wrecking Crew, Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section, the Fireballs.

Stephen

the wrecking crew, that sounds familiar.
Ferstler on drums?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 8 Iul, 23:28, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25520460/

that list is bogus!!!
How could they leave some of the following bands off the list??

My list is this (only one band in agreement with their top 5)

2 Booker T and the MG's (Wilson Pickett, Albert King, Aretha Franklin,
et al)
3 The Band (Bob Dylan)
4 The JB's (James Brown)
5 The Section (James Taylor, Jackson Browne)
6 The Icebreakers (Albert Collins)
7 The Heartbreakers (Tom Petty)
8 The Goners (John Hiatt)
9 The Red Hot Band (Clifton Chenier, Jr.)
10 The Mothers of Invention (Frank Zappa)

The Wrecking Crew, Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section, the Fireballs.

Was that Jimmy & the Fireballs?

I wanted to put that loose group of LA/Hollywood musicians in the list
but i didn't know they had a name (Kaye, Tedesco & co)

though not a whole backup band, another groupg of
backup misicians of note are the Memphis Horns

also, Tower of Power did backup, I think
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On 8 Iul, 23:28, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25520460/

that list is bogus!!!
How could they leave some of the following bands off the list??

My list is this (only one band in agreement with their top 5)

2 Booker T and the MG's (Wilson Pickett, Albert King, Aretha Franklin,
et al)
3 The Band (Bob Dylan)
4 The JB's (James Brown)
5 The Section (James Taylor, Jackson Browne)
6 The Icebreakers (Albert Collins)
7 The Heartbreakers (Tom Petty)
8 The Goners (John Hiatt)
9 The Red Hot Band (Clifton Chenier, Jr.)
10 The Mothers of Invention (Frank Zappa)

The Wrecking Crew, Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section, the Fireballs.

Was that Jimmy & the Fireballs?

That's why I included them: the Fireballs are an independent group that
had hits before adding lead singer Jimmy. Maybe not top-ten material.

I wanted to put that loose group of LA/Hollywood musicians in the list
but i didn't know they had a name (Kaye, Tedesco & co)

though not a whole backup band, another groupg of
backup misicians of note are the Memphis Horns

also, Tower of Power did backup, I think

There are a few branded horn sections out there. Add Earth, Wind and
Fire's Phoenix Horns and the Miami Horns (Conan, Southside Johnny).

Stephen

Audio-Technica 835b for $160 -- good news or bad news for me [email protected] Pro Audio 0 May 1st 06 05:54 AM
A STORY ABOUT PHILIP BARTLETT PHILIP BARTLETT PHILIP BARTLETT STORY OF, THE KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR AUTHOR UNKNOWN, A DILECTIC AND DIDACTIC WORK George Z. Bush Vacuum Tubes 1 September 30th 05 08:33 PM
Backing up q Karl Engel Pro Audio 2 April 27th 05 12:44 PM
Backing up your DAW? Theodore Kloba Pro Audio 19 February 25th 05 10:05 AM
5 CD plants raided for counterfeiting music - news story AVrev.com Pro Audio 6 December 27th 04 03:17 PM