Posted to rec.audio.opinion
earthquake earthquake is offline

Default epos m5i

Has anyone heard the new Epos m5i? I wonder how they compare to the
Totem Rainmaker (or Dream Catcher) ....
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 6 Iul, 11:12, earthquake wrote:
Has anyone heard the new Epos m5i? I wonder how they compare to the
Totem Rainmaker (or Dream Catcher) ....

I don't have one in my wigwam.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jul 6, 11:28 am, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 6 Iul, 11:12, earthquake wrote:

Has anyone heard the new Epos m5i? I wonder how they compare to the
Totem Rainmaker (or Dream Catcher) ....

I don't have one in my wigwam.

Nevertheless, your opinion may have value. Lets see...
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On Jul 6, 8:12�am, earthquake wrote:
Has anyone heard the new Epos m5i? I wonder how they compare to the
Totem Rainmaker (or Dream Catcher) ....

With what amplification? In what kind of room? What are your
preferences? What kind of music do you listen to?

See, there are so many variables that I think you'll never receive any
kind of useful information on a Usenet newsgroup. Sounds like you'll
have to go out and listen for yourself.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

Nine hundred bucks for a two way rabbit coffin??

http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=EPOSM5

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/
More information at http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 6 Iul, 12:42, earthquake wrote:
On Jul 6, 11:28 am, Clyde Slick wrote:

On 6 Iul, 11:12, earthquake wrote:

Has anyone heard the new Epos m5i? I wonder how they compare to the
Totem Rainmaker (or Dream Catcher) ....

I don't have one in my wigwam.

Nevertheless, your opinion may have value. Lets see...

My opinion is that I need more wampum in my wigwam.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jul 6, 1:47 pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 6 Iul, 12:42, earthquake wrote:

On Jul 6, 11:28 am, Clyde Slick wrote:Ahhh... Now we are getting somewhere.

The room is 11x10,; NAD 7155; for the most part, listen to blues, rock
and the like.

On 6 Iul, 11:12, earthquake wrote:

Has anyone heard the new Epos m5i? I wonder how they compare to the
Totem Rainmaker (or Dream Catcher) ....

I don't have one in my wigwam.

Nevertheless, your opinion may have value. Lets see...

My opinion is that I need more wampum in my wigwam.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 6 Iul, 14:01, earthquake wrote:
On Jul 6, 1:47 pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On 6 Iul, 12:42, earthquake wrote:

On Jul 6, 11:28 am, Clyde Slick wrote:Ahhh... Now we are getting somewhere.

On 6 Iul, 11:12, earthquake wrote:

Has anyone heard the new Epos m5i? I wonder how they compare to the
Totem Rainmaker (or Dream Catcher) ....

I don't have one in my wigwam.

Nevertheless, your opinion may have value. Lets see...

My opinion is that I need more wampum in my wigwam.-

The room is 11x10,; NAD 7155; for the most part, listen to blues, rock
and the like.

http://www.stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/1104totem/

http://www.stereophile.com/loudspeak...pos/index.html

both reviews are written by the same reviewer, BTW.

the reviews are not head to head comparisons, but in each review
they were compared with NHT S-B3's.

That is another pair to consider, as well, I would compare them
to Vandersteen 1c's

I have the Vandersteen 1c's`in a small room setup, yes 11x10, like
yours,
with a. solid state AV receiver (SONY). And my musical tastes are
similar.
I have it set as 5.1, with 4 of the
Vandersteen's, a Vandersteen center speaker and the sub is a
Definitive Pro 1000
I listen (tv and DVD) in 5.1 and sometimes stereo.

My main stereo is a lot different, Vandersteen 4's, a large room,and
tube amplification.

Now, back to your situation, although I have not heard them, the
totems are
indicated as strong on inner detail, with a wide range of strengths.
The Vandersteens ar eco0nsidered to do everything very well,
without any one feature staqnding out as exceptional.
In other words, well rounded. ANd they sound good with practically
any usual type ss or tube amp.

whatever ones in this class that you get, consider getting a sub.

Another consideration would be used Vandersteen 2ci's or 2ce's which
can
be gotten for $800 or less. Jenn, who posts here, uses them with
NAD amplification and she says she likes them lots..
now with those, you can do without the sub. I also used to own a pair
of the
2ci's, and only got rid ot them to upgrade to the 4's

an old reviiew, but useful.
http://www.stereophile.com/floorloud...een/index.html

upgraded from the normal 2ce (no review for that)
http://www.stereophile.com/budgetcom...ndy/index.html

very old review of orig 2c
original 2c, then version 2ci, now curent version is 2ce
http://www.stereophile.com/floorloud...914/index.html

a note on the 2ce's
though they are not very expensive, they were part of the
swecond bes system I ever heard in my (long) life.
Now that may be because the amps were Atmasphere OTL amps
BTW, the very best was with Amaspehre OTL amps
and Sound Lab electrostats.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

original 2c, then version 2ci, now curent version is 2cehttp://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/914/index.html

a note on the 2ce's
though they are not very expensive, they were part of the
swecond bes system I ever heard in my (long) life.
Now that may be because the amps were Atmasphere OTL amps
BTW, the very best was with Amaspehre OTL amps
and Sound Lab electrostats.

Since the room size is of such importance, I need to stick with small,
but very solid monitors on stands. I did checked out the Vandersteens,
however. A friend also suggested Totem Mites, along with Epos
m5i( haven't seen any reviews on this new model), Totem Dream and
rainmakers. I should say, I have Silverline Minuets presently. I want
to move up a notch or two...
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

upgraded from the normal 2ce (no review for that)http://www.stereophile..com/budgetco...ndy/index.html

very old review of orig 2c
original 2c, then version 2ci, �now curent version is 2cehttp://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/914/index.html

a note on the 2ce's
though they are not very expensive, they were part of the
swecond bes system I ever heard in my (long) life.
Now that may be because the amps were Atmasphere OTL amps
BTW, the very best was with Amaspehre OTL amps
and Sound Lab electrostats.

Since the room size is of such importance, I need to stick with small,
but very solid monitors on stands. I did checked out the Vandersteens,
however. A friend also suggested Totem Mites, along with Epos
m5i( haven't seen any reviews on this new model), Totem Dream and
rainmakers. I should say, I have Silverline Minuets presently. I want
to move up a notch or two...

Stirling Broadcast LS3/5a V2s. Perfect for small rooms.

Boon

epos earthquake Marketplace 0 June 12th 08 09:30 PM
Epos ES 14 Speakers Rom Marketplace 1 December 22nd 06 04:44 PM
wtb: Epos ES-11 Da S Marketplace 0 July 29th 05 10:10 PM
wtb: Epos ES -11 Da S Marketplace 0 July 14th 05 03:11 AM
EPOS ES11 Ramesh Marketplace 0 October 21st 03 05:42 AM