Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] skybuck2000@hotmail.com is offline

Default Gigaworks S750 repaired by Regenboog Heerlen

I was playing X-Com 2 The Chosen or something... there was a cool mission with protecting resistance fighters and suddenly I heard this loud POP.

I think something exploded inside the subwoofer.... or maybe the fuse blew....

Not sure yet what happened, but the Gigaworks S750 is now dead !

It was fun while it lasted.

Fortunately I have 3 months on repair... I am gonna bring it back... see if they can fix it again.

I guess this normal... fixing part by part until it hopefully doesn't die anymore

Sound/subwoofer was pretty cool but I think a new/replacement sub might be just as fine if not finer... I think the speakers probably worked a little bit better on the denon receiver but this could also be because of slightly different volume levels... turning the volume up via control pod seemed to give same quality.

Bye,
Skybuck.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] skybuck2000@hotmail.com is offline

As I suspected, the fuse of this device blew, probably saving my life from electric shock ? Hmmm...

The brown glue does not seem to be removed by repair company, me not to happy/thrilled about that.

I took some pictures of their repair job. They seemed to have cleaned off some brown glue from a blue thingy... or even replaced it... I wonder if more damage now occured to this device or not...

The big black capacitators are still surrounded with brown glue, this has to be cleaned off I think.

Here are recent pictures of internals of device and blown fuse:

http://www.skybuck.org/GigaWorksS750...AndDeadAgain1/

Tomorrow I will take it back to repair shop.

Bye,
Skybuck.