Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] superiorcarpetcare@hotmail.com is offline

Default ROLANDvs1680 MIDI to PC/SONY ACID PRO6c

Hopefully someone who is using the same setup, will come across this
post and help me out. I have a roland vs1680 and a badass pc with sony
acid pro v6c. I have them linked via a cheap $30 E-mu Xmidi 1x1, USB
midi interface.
I have EZ drummer installed on pc and inserted as a VST instrument on
a midi track in ACID; It works perfectly by itself.
My goal is to have the pc (with "SONY Acid Pro6c" with "EZ drummer
drums" as a VST instrument) utilize only the "start/stop" message from
the 1680 to sync "SONY ACID" to start playing when I press play/stop
button on the 1680.
My problem is this: ACID is not starting when I press play on the
1680. However, the light on the E-mu MIDI interface comes on when I
press play on the 1680. So I can tell that the message is being sent.
*I'm having some trouble figuring out how to set "SONY ACID" to
receive the "start" message from the 1680. I mean, I've tried
everything and have read tons of stuff in the ACID manual and all over
the internet- can't find the answer(s). It looks easy and obvious to
set the "midi in" on the "SONY ACID" track to receive midi from the E-
mu interface, however, it won't work for me.
Questions:
1) Should the 1680 be set to "MTC" or" MIDIclk"?
2) How do I accomplish my goal? ...or...How do I get ACID to recognize/
receive the "start/stop" command from the "ROLAND vs1680"?
3) *off topic*Have you heard how awesome EZ drummer is? (if not, you
gotta check it out- It's incredible!!) I bought the MC909 mainly for
drums, thinking it was the shizznit , and of course bought the
expensive dynamic drum library for it as well. The MC909 now pales in
comparison against the EZ drummer.
Please help me out. I'm dying to hear some songs with these new drums.
Contact me at

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Kotheimer Paul Kotheimer is offline

On Jul 28, 3:14 pm, wrote:
[...]

I don't think you can do this. Just because the light shows doesn't
mean the midi message is usable by Acid. I *think* you can do this
with the new features of Sonar 6, which lets you use just about
anything to do just about anything...and which works pretty well with
EZ drummer.

no one's gonna contact you. the reason we have this forum is so that
the answers are searchable.

Help! Acid Pro 5 MIDI Not Showing In Tracks Robert Beyne Pro Audio 0 June 5th 06 10:54 PM
ACID Loops SEOguruPuzzle Pro Audio 9 April 25th 06 02:34 AM
Sony Sounf Forge and .midi files Tmuld Pro Audio 2 October 23rd 05 12:20 AM
ARGG!! (Acid) E Pro Audio 3 October 18th 04 04:52 AM
is acid 4.0 able to record derrick Pro Audio 3 June 18th 04 11:32 PM