Default Acid loops (have some, but now what)

I downloaded a whole bunch of "acid loops". What am I supposed to do
with them now? Do I need a special app?

Newbie ROn

Scott Dorsey

I downloaded a whole bunch of "acid loops". What am I supposed to do
with them now? Do I need a special app?

Well, presumably they would be for use in Acid, right?

Very funny guys. Who makes this "Acid"? The only software I have is
Band in a Box.

hank alrich

Very funny guys. Who makes this "Acid"?

I see you're posting from Google. I hear they have some kind of search
engine.

This "acid loops software music" here

http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en

gets this (if you use this URl make sure it doesn't wrap):

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=ac...c&num=10&hl=en
&ie=ISO-8859-1&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ ft=i&as_f
iletype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as _dt=i&as_sitesearch=&s
afe=images

which suggests Sony is the publisher of Acid.

The only software I have is Band in a Box.

Which doesn't have much to do with Acid loops, but is a fine and fun
app.

--
ha
Scott Dorsey

In article .com,
wrote:
Very funny guys. Who makes this "Acid"? The only software I have is
Band in a Box.

I have no idea, but when I open up Mix or EQ, I am barraged with
advertisements for it.

hank alrich

Scott Dorsey wrote:

I have no idea, but when I open up Mix or EQ, I am barraged with
advertisements for it.

No matter how many times I tell the Sony 'bot that I use only MAC
software, I still get multi-page glossy brochures trying to sell me
Wintel apps. They need some miniature bean counters to sweat the small
stuff.

--
ha
play-on

google acid 5

On 8 Dec 2004 10:49:11 -0800, wrote:

Very funny guys. Who makes this "Acid"? The only software I have is
Band in a Box.

Ricky W. Hunt

"hank alrich" wrote in message
.. .

No matter how many times I tell the Sony 'bot that I use only MAC
software, I still get multi-page glossy brochures trying to sell me
Wintel apps. They need some miniature bean counters to sweat the small
stuff.

No kidding. I don't see how they make a profit with as much hard spam as
they mail.

DeserTBoB

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 13:42:02 -0800, play-on
wrote:

google acid 5 snip

I saw some spots for this stuff on TV, VERY oriented to the "hood-rat"
crowd...lots of visual stuff (a little paint brush "paints" the music
into a track from a cut and paste, etc.), not much info about real
performance. The motto: "Paint your MYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSIC..."

That was enough for me.

dB
Blues_Jam

If you haven't yet found the info, Acid has been aquired by Sony from Sonic
Foundry. The following link will bring you there.

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/

Blues

wrote in message
oups.com...
Very funny guys. Who makes this "Acid"? The only software I have is
Band in a Box.

DeserTBoB

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 05:13:01 GMT, "Blues_Jam"
wrote:

If you haven't yet found the info, Acid has been aquired by Sony snip

Good enough reason right there to fahgeddaboudit!

dB
Kurt Albershardt

Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

Very funny guys. Who makes this "Acid"?

I have no idea

You can make it yourself--just start out with a bag of moldy rye and have a lot of patience...

Chris Hornbeck

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:34:28 -0800, Kurt Albershardt
wrote:

Who makes this "Acid"?

You can make it yourself--just start out with a bag of moldy rye and have a lot of patience...

This is the apocryphal (at least!) origin of the flying witch
myth. Maybe not so spurious...?

The broomstick part does offend me, however.
(He said, head held high...)

Chris Hornbeck
"Shi mian mai fu"

play-on

wrote:

google acid 5 snip

I saw some spots for this stuff on TV, VERY oriented to the "hood-rat"
crowd...lots of visual stuff (a little paint brush "paints" the music
into a track from a cut and paste, etc.), not much info about real
performance. The motto: "Paint your MYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSIC..."

Actually it's a pretty fun program to use with loops, nothing really
wrong with having an easy-to-understand GUI.

Al
Geoff Wood

wrote in message
oups.com...
I downloaded a whole bunch of "acid loops". What am I supposed to do
with them now? Do I need a special app?

Newbie ROn

Firdt you need to pay for them. Then you need to buy the app to use them
with Acid.

geoff

Shane Milburn

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 00:24:15 -0800, play-on
wrote:

Actually it's a pretty fun program to use with loops, nothing really
wrong with having an easy-to-understand GUI.

Al

For what it is it's cool. You'd probably want to export the acid
drums / other parts to another app for tracking though. It can open
up cool song ideas though.

Shane
Visit me at my artist page at Unsignedbandweb.com
http://www.unsignedbandweb.com/music/bands/1424/
and visit my streaming mp3 radio stations he
http://www.unsignedbandweb.com/music...1424/radio.php

fruity loops help derrick Pro Audio 2 November 23rd 04 03:55 AM
fruity loops help derrick Pro Audio 0 November 17th 04 07:09 AM
FS: PC DAW w/LynxOne, ACID, and Vegas Richard Bock Pro Audio 2 February 23rd 04 05:31 PM
any acid pro 4 experts? suzy Pro Audio 0 November 25th 03 08:07 PM
VST plugins in Acid 4 Smogo Pro Audio 0 November 22nd 03 01:40 PM