Chuck Rees

Default Miking Acoustic Guitar - Inexpensive Condenser

Can someone recommend a decent, cheap, small diaphram condenser for
the stage? I've got a really great Larrivee L-09 and I'm not too keen
on drilling holes in it if I don't have to. I don't need to get the
level too high since I will be playing at medium-sized venues with
bass, light percussion and vocals also in the mix.

So far the MXL 603 is looking great price wise. Many good things have
been said about it on rec.audio.pro. The Crown CM 700 also has got my
interest but I'd rather not bring out pricey mics to the club, I've
had them swiped before.

Cheers! Its the long weekend!

Acoustic Guitar: Stereo mic'ing vs double take? Brian Pro Audio 11 March 10th 04 02:52 AM
Mic Questions Twist Turner Pro Audio 22 November 25th 03 03:04 AM
Microphone to record vocals + classical & acoustic guitar Contortion Pro Audio 6 November 19th 03 03:44 PM
$100-$200 condenser mic for guitar (room/ambient mic)?? Brian Huether Pro Audio 5 October 12th 03 04:57 PM
Small Condenser reccomendations for acoustic guitar mbenson Pro Audio 6 July 25th 03 07:55 AM