Default How do I serve live sound to listen remotely?

I have a dog at home and I suspect that he is doing a lot of barking. I
want to be able to monitor sounds from home at the office. How do I do
that? I looked at Shoutcast but I think that is for serving mp3 files.

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
RichieBee

Use ICQ or something similar. You can even tell him to shut up then. You
might want to avoid this if your dog is able to type or speak. You can meet
some unsavory characters through IRC and if your dog is likely to blurt your
home address and the fact that you're at work, you might come home to find
the house empty... or worse!

Alternatively, web cam software often comes with the facility to monitor
sound and vision from a camera/mic position.

Rich
wrote in message
I have a dog at home and I suspect that he is doing a lot of barking. I
want to be able to monitor sounds from home at the office. How do I do
that? I looked at Shoutcast but I think that is for serving mp3 files.

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

Doug

lol! Sorry, I'm still a bit of a newsgroup newbie I guess.

Sorry - using abbreviations - what I meant was As Far As I Can Remember
and was referring to ordinary shoutcast.

--
-