Catfish

Default Digital Performer crash

I'm running Digital Performer 3 with the Pro Tools digi 001. It works
well, but my Mac G4 crashes whenever I quit DP. I've tried adjusting
various extensions, but still no luck. Any help would be greatly
appreciated!!

Thanks
Catfish
Mirek

Once DP3 crashes on quit you should wait for few moments and let it
"die" completely . Give it a moment, even after the crash, DP
usually releases the OS after few moments.

If it dosn't and you feel that your G4 is dead use the following key
combination.

[Control Key]] + [Apple Key] + [Escape Key]

It may (or, may not) force quit DP so you can at least, restart your
mac.

The problem you describe is somewhat common and has to do with
plug-ins you you have installed in your Plug-ins folder. DP doesn't
like some of your plug-ins ...

Mirek

(Catfish) wrote in message . com...
I'm running Digital Performer 3 with the Pro Tools digi 001. It works
well, but my Mac G4 crashes whenever I quit DP. I've tried adjusting
various extensions, but still no luck. Any help would be greatly
appreciated!!

Thanks
Catfish

Catfish

To ALL,

I really appreciate all the response. It's nice to know that I'm not
alone on this. Any tips for Mac optimization, besides the obvious?

Thanks,
Catfish