JohanWagener

Default Does the subwoofer have to face inside of the car?

Can a sub be placed inside the boot without facing the car interior? I've
seen people who just mount the sub in the bottom of the boot and then close
it!

Levi Kudrna

"JohanWagener" wrote in message
Can a sub be placed inside the boot without facing the car interior? I've
seen people who just mount the sub in the bottom of the boot and then

close
it!

Most of the time a sub will sound better when it is not facing inside the
car. They usually face to the rear or face upwards.

LK

daxe

my sub is in a large ported enclosure which sits behind the rear seats in
the trunk (boots go on your feet) and faces the rear of the car. When it
faced forward (towards the car interior) in the same location it sounded
terrible and putting it all the way at the back of the trunk facing forwards
rendered my trunk space unusable. I actually use my trunk for something
other than a space for car stereo gear, believe it or not.

~daxe

"JohanWagener" wrote in message
Can a sub be placed inside the boot without facing the car interior? I've
seen people who just mount the sub in the bottom of the boot and then

close
it!

Scott Johnson

"daxe" wrote in message
my sub is in a large ported enclosure which sits behind the rear seats in
the trunk (boots go on your feet) and faces the rear of the car. When it
faced forward (towards the car interior) in the same location it sounded
terrible and putting it all the way at the back of the trunk facing

forwards
rendered my trunk space unusable. I actually use my trunk for something
other than a space for car stereo gear, believe it or not.

~daxe

Uhm, in some places, the "boot" is what they call the trunk.

Eddie Runner

yes it can...
the location of the woofer may affect its sound but you
can experement with it if you like.

Eddie

JohanWagener wrote:

Can a sub be placed inside the boot without facing the car interior? I've
seen people who just mount the sub in the bottom of the boot and then close
it!

daxe

"Scott Johnson" wrote in message

Uhm, in some places, the "boot" is what they call the trunk.

just FYI:

Pronunciation: 'jOk
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin jocus; perhaps akin to Old High German gehan to say,
Sanskrit yAcati he asks
Date: 1670
1 a : something said or done to provoke laughter; especially : a brief oral
narrative with a climactic humorous twist b (1) : the humorous or ridiculous
element in something (2) : an instance of jesting : KIDDING can't take a
joke c : PRACTICAL JOKE d : LAUGHINGSTOCK
2 : something not to be taken seriously : a trifling matter consider his
skiing a joke -- Harold Callender -- often used in negative construction
it is no joke to be lost in the desert

~daxe

daxe

"JohanWagener" wrote in message

Trunk in South Africa means either a tree trunk or an elephants trunk! No
car trunk?!!

I knew what you were talking about JW..I was just having some
intercontinental fun at your expense. Feel free to make fun of me or my
language usage, fair is fair.

And note that I did answer your question, as well.

By the way, if you go to m-w.com and enter "trunk" in the box to seek a
definition, the definition as a storage area of a car is in the second
listed. If you do the same query using boot, you have to go to the 3rd
variation of the word and the fifth meaning to find it defined as a storage
area in a car and it notes that it is a British term. So you could twist
this to possibly mean that trunk is more immediately correct, but as long as
we understand one another, what difference does it make?

It's also funny how you might call that which covers the motor a "bonnet",
which to me is something you put on a baby's head. But I would call it a
"hood", which you might also say is something one wears on the head.
Language is a silly thing.

~~daxe