IS

Default Event's arrived with blown tweeter.

They sound good even with a blown tweeter? Gee, that's cool.

Yes they sounded good, actually very good.
The blown tweeter only makes its little buzzing sound on certain
frequencies.
In-between I can hear the speakers quality.

Thanks for the advice.

I emailed Event and they told me, if I fax them my receipt they'll send me a
new tweeter.
Great service, I gotta say.
However the place where I purchased them said I have to pack them and ship.
I told them it was a lot of work and wanted to try the other option first.

Thanks.

IS.

Analogeezer

"IS" wrote in message ...
I just got brand new Event, powered speakers. They sound good.

Problem is that one of them arrived with a blown tweeter. Or at least it's
making short "snarling" (what ever that is) sounds occasionally during my
listening. I took it out and unplugged one of the leads and the speaker
sounds fine when I have the tweeter unplugged.

What would be the best thing to do?
Call Event or call the dealer?
I don't mind buying a new tweeter if it's a faster process.

Thanks.

IS.

Where did you buy them from? I want to avoid this dealer.

Was this some sort of "B Stock" deal? Been there, done that, sometimes
their descriptions of a few dents or scratches need to be revised to
"this gear is used".

Analogeezer

WTB: 1 MB Quart Tweeter or Tweeter set Hung Lieu Car Audio 2 April 17th 13 02:50 AM
Blown Sub Marcus Car Audio 13 July 13th 04 11:17 PM
Tweeter Placement... TheBIessedDead Car Audio 8 December 24th 03 05:05 AM
MB Quart tweeter question John Matlock Car Audio 6 October 5th 03 04:01 PM
Help me understand what is too much volume. ChewPick High End Audio 13 September 8th 03 04:52 PM